SKW Sked+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by SkyNation
I've worked at an ALPA regional, have you?

I believe FL990 had a valid question(which you've been asked by others many times before), which you've once again avoided answering!

I'm going to guess 5 months at Eagle?

So, you have no solutions or suggestions...just your anti-ALPA diatribe!

you're right, I don't. However, it's more important to note that I don't perceive the same 'problems' as you do, perhaps, or at least define them to the same degree.

I think that SkyWest is fundamentally sound, though it has it problems, like any other regional. It is my position, however, that taken as a whole, the problems we have at SkyWest are lesser than those at other regionals, many represented by ALPA. These lesser problems that we face, in my opinion, would/could not be helped by ALPA, and the potential downside is not worth the gamble.

Last edited:
does the time I was there matter? is there some point when I became qualified to have my opinion? is three years enough? Five?

and does where matter? it wasn't Mesa, since everyone assumes that. What if it was AWAC? Comair? ASA? We have a large contingent from all these places, and more.

the point is it doesn't matter. there are former ALPA folks here who disagree with me.

it is a matter of a difference in perspective. we all agree things could be better here, we just don't meet up on how bad things are and what we can do about, or how we should proceed.

when I compare what we have here to other places I've been and others have explained to me, I can't get all pissed and angry about how things go here.

Well lets assume it was AWAC... seeing as how in May of 2006 you replied with the following to a thread where someone was being furloughed from TSA and was asking if they should go to SkyWest or AWAC:

I have worked for both, I say SkyWest, hand down. however, as was mentioned, if you're from the East coast, AWAC is what I'd recommend

With that in mind:

What happened to you there that caused such bitterness toward ALPA?

How long were you at AWAC? (Yes it matters as people have called your credibility into question. It would seem if you have the vast experience with ALPA you portray you'd be willing to say)

I'm not bitter toward ALPA, I just don't endow them with all the glitter and power that so many here do. I'm not even anti-ALPA, I just don't think they'd make things here any better.

if I said I was there for 4 years, does that help my credibility? 5? 2?

It doesn't really matter, because in the end SkyWest has the same compliment of grouchy types that any large organization has. The illusion to these folks is that ALPA will come in and muscle BH et al around to get what they want, then they won't be grouchy anymore.

IMHO, it just don't work that way.

I'm not bitter toward ALPA, I just don't endow them with all the glitter and power that so many here do. I'm not even anti-ALPA, I just don't think they'd make things here any better.

if I said I was there for 4 years, does that help my credibility? 5? 2?

It doesn't really matter, because in the end SkyWest has the same compliment of grouchy types that any large organization has. The illusion to these folks is that ALPA will come in and muscle BH et al around to get what they want, then they won't be grouchy anymore.

IMHO, it just don't work that way.

Or, maybe some of us think ALPA is the only practical way to stop our continual slide...like 7 years with no COLA(and no COLA in sight for 4 more), etc. etc. etc. I don't know what bubble you live in, but inflation in this neck of the woods has cut my buying power by almost 30% since my last COLA increase! Seems like a company that turned the "biggest profit margins in the entire airline industry" could at least offer us COLA!!!

I was at AWAC prior to coming to skywest as well. I am much happier here. I can appreciate the arguments for and against in this matter of whether or not to get alpa here. i don't hink it'll pass.

I was at AWAC prior to coming to skywest as well. I am much happier here.

how can you be when we're not ALPA?!

don't worry, all the crybabies will soon convince you how bad it sucks here, regardless of how good you have it.

I was at AWAC prior to coming to skywest as well. I am much happier here. I can appreciate the arguments for and against in this matter of whether or not to get alpa here. i don't hink it'll pass.

Holy hell a reasoned response!

I'm curious as to why you're so much happier at Skywest vs. AWAC. Does it have more to do with the commute (or lack thereof), or other factors?

Latest resources

Back