Just thought I'd get it started!

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
STAPLE
STAPLE
STAPLE......

Everyones mouth shut that keeps restarting these threads!

vclean

Total Time
1/2
A non-union airline buying an ALPA airline. Seniority integration will be a few hundred threads in Flightinfo.com.

PHX-AV8OR

Valley of the Sun!
Total Time
5000+
Here we go again! You know when it happens it happens...I'm so tired of having this die and then come back again, it's like the old days when everyone thought ASA and Comair would merge, did it, NO. Could Skywest buy us, Yes, will it happen who know's!!! Only time will tell.

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
the sign in the yard says "under contract". cross some t's and dot some i's, and it'll be done. count on it.

ThisistheDream

Total Time
skywest will buy ASA, keep it as a seperate company on a seperate certficate and lower wages at ASA to forse Skywest to match the ASA wages or loss flying to the new ASA

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Delta also is making progress toward selling wholly owned subsidiary Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc., an operator of smaller regional jets, to SkyWest Inc., according to sources.
Those "sources," of course, being these very internet forums...[rolleyes]

WWEfan

One List
Total Time
39 yrs
I just hope they keep us separate until the Skywest guys and gals wake up and get ALPA on the peoperty.

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
ThisistheDream said:
skywest will buy ASA, keep it as a seperate company on a seperate certficate and lower wages at ASA to forse Skywest to match the ASA wages or loss flying to the new ASA

That has got to be one of the most confusing sentences i have read in a long time.

Wacopilot

Total Time
5000+
WWEfan said:
I just hope they keep us separate until the Skywest guys and gals wake up and get ALPA on the peoperty.
Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do....... The problem has always been that pilot groups' don't understand that it is the PILOT GROUP'S RESPONSIBILITY to stand firm, demand a good contract, etc....blablabla....So SKYW may be your only way to get a good contract.

WACO

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
Dont worry ExpressJet is going to buy both ASA, and Skywest. Someone told me that.

Tomct

Total Time
11000+
:rolleyes: Yeah Waco, you guys are what we need here at ASA to get a good contract!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttttt!!!:rolleyes: Another idiot has spoken for the skyworst pilot group!

CF34-3B1

Total Time
Wacopilot said:
Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do

WACO

You mean like your 70 seat pay rates?

Plug

Total Time
10000+
Wacopilot said:
Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do....... The problem has always been that pilot groups' don't understand that it is the PILOT GROUP'S RESPONSIBILITY to stand firm, demand a good contract, etc....blablabla....So SKYW may be your only way to get a good contract.

WACO
Actually, Skywest has the workrules, pay rates, etc. because they ride the "coat tails" of ALPA carriers like ASA, CMR, ACA (Indy), etc. Don't kid yourself in to thinking you did it because you stood firm. Last I heard you guys were standing pretty firm on that 70 seat pay rate deal.

What I think will happen, and this was some one else's idea that simply made sense to me, is that Jerry A. has already given in to the fact the Skywest pilots are going to unionize and most likely through ALPA. Skywest will buy ASA and operate them seperetely until ASA negotiates a new contract then merge the 2 in to that contract. This way Jerry can avoid having to negotiate for about 4-5 years.

I think it is a pretty good theory, but only time will tell!

Cheers

Russ

Total Time
x
I would dearly love to see ALPA or an independent union on property here at SkyWest. That said ASA isn't exactly the shining beacon I can hold up to new guys and say this is why I would like one. Its problematic when someone counters with "well ASA/Mesa/Eagle .."

Yup, you do have us in some areas, overall I'll keep what I have when looked at in the larger sense.

Texx

Total Time
20mil
There is one important thing that the ASA pilots have worked very hard for. A very close relationship with the DAL pilots and their MEC. Just remember who controls the scope clause.