• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW looking to buy ASA.. ... in PRINT!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta also is making progress toward selling wholly owned subsidiary Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc., an operator of smaller regional jets, to SkyWest Inc., according to sources.

Those "sources," of course, being these very internet forums...[rolleyes]

I just hope they keep us separate until the Skywest guys and gals wake up and get ALPA on the peoperty.

ThisistheDream said:
skywest will buy ASA, keep it as a seperate company on a seperate certficate and lower wages at ASA to forse Skywest to match the ASA wages or loss flying to the new ASA

That has got to be one of the most confusing sentences i have read in a long time.

WWEfan said:
I just hope they keep us separate until the Skywest guys and gals wake up and get ALPA on the peoperty.

Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do....... The problem has always been that pilot groups' don't understand that it is the PILOT GROUP'S RESPONSIBILITY to stand firm, demand a good contract, etc....blablabla....So SKYW may be your only way to get a good contract.

WACO

Dont worry ExpressJet is going to buy both ASA, and Skywest. Someone told me that.

:rolleyes: Yeah Waco, you guys are what we need here at ASA to get a good contract!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttttt!!!:rolleyes: Another idiot has spoken for the skyworst pilot group!

Wacopilot said:
Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do

WACO

You mean like your 70 seat pay rates?

Wacopilot said:
Why? Because ALPA has helped you? In what way? Last time I checked SKYW has much better pay and workrules than you do....... The problem has always been that pilot groups' don't understand that it is the PILOT GROUP'S RESPONSIBILITY to stand firm, demand a good contract, etc....blablabla....So SKYW may be your only way to get a good contract.

WACO

Actually, Skywest has the workrules, pay rates, etc. because they ride the "coat tails" of ALPA carriers like ASA, CMR, ACA (Indy), etc. Don't kid yourself in to thinking you did it because you stood firm. Last I heard you guys were standing pretty firm on that 70 seat pay rate deal.

What I think will happen, and this was some one else's idea that simply made sense to me, is that Jerry A. has already given in to the fact the Skywest pilots are going to unionize and most likely through ALPA. Skywest will buy ASA and operate them seperetely until ASA negotiates a new contract then merge the 2 in to that contract. This way Jerry can avoid having to negotiate for about 4-5 years.

I think it is a pretty good theory, but only time will tell!

Cheers

I would dearly love to see ALPA or an independent union on property here at SkyWest. That said ASA isn't exactly the shining beacon I can hold up to new guys and say this is why I would like one. Its problematic when someone counters with "well ASA/Mesa/Eagle .."

Yup, you do have us in some areas, overall I'll keep what I have when looked at in the larger sense.

There is one important thing that the ASA pilots have worked very hard for. A very close relationship with the DAL pilots and their MEC. Just remember who controls the scope clause.

Latest resources

Back