SKW looking to buy ASA.. ... in PRINT!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyingdutchman said:
haha. Thanks jehtplane! I just won a bet with a skyw buddy. (I told him it would take less then 5 mins. for somebody to start calling me names :D)

rofl.

So do you take it in the a$$ or does he?

trip said:
From a reliable source- SKYW will take what they want after DL goes bankrupt, better get your logbooks up to date.

Just like when USAir went bankrupt (twice) and had to sell PSA, Piedmont, and the USAir Shuttle. And, just like when United went bankrupt and had to sell their Heathrow slots and the Narita base. Yeah................ A good GA judge will take care of Delta if and when it happens. That USAir judge in DC stated immediately "I will NOT allow USAir to liquidate." Neither would a judge in Georgia. Trip, you sure are a trip......

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS----Your sister is cute in that picture.

General-

Just curious as to your thoughts on Palumbo leaving, Bastian replacing him, and the young buck (37) Whitehurst's future? Don't mean to hijack the thread, just looking for an informed opinion.

PUKE

:rolleyes:Listening to SOME of these skywest pilots talk tough cracks me up.....Yeah, they would do great things come contract time.....err......lets take 50 seat pay and fly 737's.....yeah, that's a great idea!

Actually, Skywest has the workrules, pay rates, etc. because they ride the "coat tails" of ALPA carriers like ASA, CMR, ACA (Indy), etc. Don't kid yourself in to thinking you did it because you stood firm. Last I heard you guys were standing pretty firm on that 70 seat pay rate deal.

What I think will happen, and this was some one else's idea that simply made sense to me, is that Jerry A. has already given in to the fact the Skywest pilots are going to unionize and most likely through ALPA. Skywest will buy ASA and operate them seperetely until ASA negotiates a new contract then merge the 2 in to that contract. This way Jerry can avoid having to negotiate for about 4-5 years.

I think it is a pretty good theory, but only time will tell!

Cheers

This guy has got it figured out correctly IMHO. I hope that Skywest buys "In and Out Burger" instead of ASA.
I firmly believe that some of us at the "regionals" have gotten a bit arrogant in their thinking regarding who is in control. Just because we are making money right now doesn't mean that we dictate to our partners what direction things are going to go. We are paid lift, and that is all. I think that those at the top of SKW are only looking at buying ASA to prevent getting kicked to the curb if/when Delta goes Ch.11.

Rick James said:
This guy has got it figured out correctly IMHO. I hope that Skywest buys "In and Out Burger" instead of ASA.
I firmly believe that some of us at the "regionals" have gotten a bit arrogant in their thinking regarding who is in control. Just because we are making money right now doesn't mean that we dictate to our partners what direction things are going to go. We are paid lift, and that is all. I think that those at the top of SKW are only looking at buying ASA to prevent getting kicked to the curb if/when Delta goes Ch.11.

Rick, I think you are correct. Even if we go to court, it is doubtful that we would go away, and we might be able to restructure some of the DCI contracts (along with our mainline contract---one---pilots). United got rid of ACA and might get rid of Air Whiskey, and they have been in Chap 11 for 32 months. If SkyWest wants to make sure it "rides along" with DL through this krap, they may want to "buy" into it. Mesa may want to do the same thing. Who knows what goes on in those board rooms? DL may go into Chap 11 and try to impose a less costly contract on ASA first, and then sell it. Who knows? All I know is that it would be better (because of the new Chap 11 rules effective after OCT 17th) to go into court before that Oct 17th date, than afterwards with more restrictive rules. Also, it would be better to go in with some cash on hand, so we could pay the bills and try to come out. And, when it is all over with, we may be with another "dance partner" as well. Who knows?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back