• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW Inc's Plans Leaked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The last 10 years have been the worst decade in the history of aviation. The industry is due for a 10 year run.

Last edited:
I believe the Delta TA will not allow any other carrier (other than Republic who has Frontier, with planes larger than 76 seats) to have planes larger than 76 seats, even in a holding company. If a company would like to have planes larger than 76 seats, then I think they might lose the feed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

777 forever you obviously must be working for a different company or just have your head in the clouds. The 10 900s Asa got were NOT growth airplanes as we had to give up -200s to get them. You also probably haven't been here long enough to remember the -700s we gave to Skywest, never got anything in return for them... Look at all the growth at Skywest versus what has happened at Asa over the past 10 years and you see that coopervane has a good point. Only way to change things is to move on to another carrier. Expressjet will not change.

and the atrs.

No leak. SKW has "purchasing power" over others right now.. Delta just droped some "coin" on 737-900's, MD90's and 717's .. They may not want to pony up for 70 CRJ900's if the TA passes.. Thats were SkyWest is hoping to capitalize....just my guess.. Plus if Delta passes this. "others" will follow.. UA/AA ect.. Could generate the need for 200+ 76 seat jets...

I hear Delta wants to send a lot of those 717s to SLC. May not be good for Skywest. Skywests may be forced to reallocate it's flying elsewhere.

I hear Delta wants to send a lot of those 717s to SLC. May not be good for Skywest. Skywests may be forced to reallocate it's flying elsewhere.

Unless they want to park them at the E gates,(no jet bridge) then good luck.. Could swap them out for the A319... plus the new airport plan has even less gates.. Time will tell. I do see them doing routes like SLC-DEN.. (900 route now)

As long as the HQ is in St. George and SkyWest is owned by Utah locals then they will have a presence in Salt Lake. It may be smaller but they will still be there.

Latest resources

Back