SKW Inc's Plans Leaked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Bombardier+orders+heading+aloft/6754837/story.html

Bombardier orders heading aloft

By Ross Marowits, CANADIAN PRESS June 9, 2012

The lull in Bombardier Inc.’s regional aircraft sales may be nearing its end as demand is expected to heat up from U.S. airlines, industry analysts said Friday.
The Montreal-based manufacturer last year received orders for only four regional jets and seven Q400 turboprops.
So far this year, orders have rebounded, with WestJet Airlines leading the six customers that have placed 43 firm orders and 57 options.
The Calgary-based carrier has ordered 20 turboprops to launch its regional service and has options for 25 more aircraft.
Orders have also come from Horizon Air, Garuda Indonesia, Ethiopian Airlines, Eurolot and RwandAir.
“The regional aircraft order outlook is shaping up better than expected,” says Cameron Doerksen of National Bank Financial.
He foresees an order resurgence from U.S. airlines as the large American market is showing signs of life for the first time in years.
Orders are being driven by the need for carriers to replace aging 50-seat jets and high fuel prices that have made routes using those smaller aircraft unprofitable, said Bombardier spokesperson Marc Duchesne.
“As North American carriers continue to regain financial strengths, the inefficiency of their aging fleets will be the Achilles heel of their long restructuring efforts,” he said.
“Fuel-efficient Bombardier aircraft with great operating economics will undoubtedly be favoured in the next fleet renewal cycle.”
The company’s Brazilian rival Embraer has recently indicated that it is in talks with five carriers for as many as 500 new regional aircraft orders and Doerksen says Bombardier is likely speaking to the same airlines.
Among the potential buyers are Delta Air Lines, SkyWest Airlines, American Airlines and US Airways.
Doerksen said the potential order opportunity from SkyWest is “enormous.”

That regional service for several major airlines is the largest operator of Bombardier-built aircraft in the world. It flies CRJ700 and CRJ900 planes and no Embraer E-170 and E-190s.
SkyWest is seeking to replace a large portion of the 512 50-seat jets it operates.

“If Bombardier were to win a sizable order from SkyWest, it has the potential to support a higher production rate for both CRJs and Q400s for a multi-year period,” he said.
Air Canada could also order more smaller planes if it wins scope relief as part of an arbitrated labour settlement with pilots, Doerksen added in a report. Scope clauses limit the number and size of aircraft that can be contracted out to a regional airline, such as Chorus Aviation.

More Toronto-assembled Q400s could be ordered if Chorus exercises 15 options and Garuda adds turboprops to its fleet.
The Russian market also holds promise for new and used aircraft since Bombardier recently received type certification for the Q400 in that country.
Doerksen expects 53 regional aircraft deliveries in 2012 – 23 CRJs and 30 Q400s – down from 78 in 2011. Deliveries should rebound modestly to 65 in 2013, but could be higher if it wins any of the possible large-scale orders, he added.
Any such increase would lead to a rebound in production rates and help margins.
Walter Spracklin of RBC Capital Markets also says the order potential is heating up, with SkyWest burning brightest on his gauge of potential buyers.
He said the order of 100 to 200 planes will likely be split between Bombardier and Embraer, with ATR having an “outside chance” of winning turboprop orders.
Orders could be place in the second half of the year with deliveries through 2018-2020.
He also says a Chinese airline, EgyptAir, Singapore’s Silk Air, Illyushin leasing, AtlasJet of Turkey and EastJet could potentially place orders for the new CSeries.
“We expect increased sales and marketing activity heading into the Farnborough air show in July to raise the prospects that a sizable order could be announced for Bombardier.”
© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old news (3 days) it's all talk until a order is placed and more importantly received.

Look at NetJets, their orders/options/deliveries

SkyWest is seeking to replace a large portion of the 512 50-seat jets it operates.

If Bombardier were to win a sizable order from SkyWest, it has the potential to support a higher production rate for both CRJs and Q400s for a multi-year period,” he said

Cameron Doerksen of National Bank Financial said the potential order opportunity from SkyWest is “enormous.”

Walter Spracklin of RBC Capital Markets also says the order potential is heating up, with SkyWest burning brightest on his gauge of potential buyers.

Nothing here means anything. Just a reporter and anal=ists talking sh!t. I'm sure they use "potential" alot in their useless opinions.

po·ten·tial

Adjective:Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.
Noun:Latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness.
Synonyms:adjective. possible - feasible - eventual - contingent
noun. possibility - potentiality

Nothing more than a lot of wishful thinking on the part of Bombardier.

seems like every year with the start of industry airshow season (Paris or Farnborough) the aerospace companies release wishful type orders most of which never or only partially become actual airframes sold.

This potential order is for Skywest only.

I have been at ASA for almost 10 years. In that time there has been NO good news, only bad. Base closures, lost RFP's, loss of airframes and more shrinking. I remember when there were almost 600 lines in Atl. What are we down to now? 340-350?

I see nothing that has happened in the last 2-3 years that will reverse this trend. This is a sinking ship. You can go down with it screaming "aceypalooza!!!.....aceypalooza!!!... We're number one!!!....clap.. Clap..clap.." or you can work on your exit plan.

This potential order is for Skywest only.

I have been at ASA for almost 10 years. In that time there has been NO good news, only bad. Base closures, lost RFP's, loss of airframes and more shrinking. I remember when there were almost 600 lines in Atl. What are we down to now? 340-350?

I see nothing that has happened in the last 2-3 years that will reverse this trend. This is a sinking ship. You can go down with it screaming "aceypalooza!!!.....aceypalooza!!!... We're number one!!!....clap.. Clap..clap.." or you can work on your exit plan.

Stop being a negative nancy, this isn't Comair(no offense to them). There has been good news as well. 10 900s, UAL flying, 8 Horizon 700s the year before cancels out the 8 we lost, 2 new bases in IAD and DTW.

Without a doubt XJT would be involved in a big Bombardier order. I believe where there is smoke, there is fire. SKW has received an enormous loan, then all of a sudden needed to get the XJT JCBA done ASAP, management sends a mass email saying don't worry about the stock price because SKW Inc is now the "go to" regional, now Bombardier sees an enormous potential order.

I think Inc has agreements in place and all they are waiting on is the DAL TA, UNICAL JCBA, and AMR TA.

Only time will tell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

777 forever you obviously must be working for a different company or just have your head in the clouds. The 10 900s Asa got were NOT growth airplanes as we had to give up -200s to get them. You also probably haven't been here long enough to remember the -700s we gave to Skywest, never got anything in return for them... Look at all the growth at Skywest versus what has happened at Asa over the past 10 years and you see that coopervane has a good point. Only way to change things is to move on to another carrier. Expressjet will not change.

Blinders on........................................CHECKED

Latest resources

Back