Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
anon said:
Alright - let's do a reality check now.

What are the pros and cons of a Skywest acquisition of ASA?

At the very least, ASA would be managed by a better group than the folks we have now.

Personally, I don't think either pilot group would benefit a windfall at the expense of the other. More likely, a merged pilot list would be based on the relative seniority of the individual pilots within their groups.

Also - Isn't it a good chance that the airlines would be operated independently for a period of time?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.
Interesting thoughts,
But given SKYW's out loud thoughts on employee longevity, I wouldnt bet on any blending of any lists. I would bet the largest amount on this scenario:
SKYW purchases ASA, announces that they will operate the two airlines as seperate but unequal. Whipsaw will be the order of the day, I think that the guys at ASA will be the whippees. ASA folks will dig in and the "burn the place to the ground" mentality will set in. SKYW will then make an internal announcement that any ASA pilots who wish to have a preferential interview will be welcome, the unspoken lure of a quick upgrade will cause many newer F/Os to come over as 1st year newhires, while senior Capts will go "fuk that" and quit. Which would make SKYW happy since those unhappy rabblerousers will be gone, which will allow SKYW to fill those F/O seats with Flight Info 1000/100 goobers who jack off to SKYW posters instead of Pamela Anderson flicks. While all this is going on SKYW mgmt. will be transferring assets from ASA to SKYW, starting with the 70's.SKYW will then put that ASA certificate in the top desk drawer for another day/scheme. In the meantime DAL has hit BK with a vengance, after they slash and burn the pensions, scope will be the next target(might even preceed the pensions). All in all I truly hope that none of the above happens no one on the labor side of this will win or even break even. Since this is our worst nightmare I would tend that some version of this will happen.
Wishing it wasn't even a thought.
PBR

Hey Tomct we all had choices when picking an airline to work for...you just picked the loser, but then thats nothing new for you is it? Your position is F the Skywest pilots, we need to do what fair for Tomct. Well guess what, I'm in that same position too. F U and the seniority you rode in on.

You think a OO pilots seniority is nothing compared to your 3 years with ASA. Its only fair you get to keep your DOH and come in above all of the Skywest pilots cause you're better. You make me sick, if the shoe were on the other foot you would be here talking about staple and how ALPA's going to save you.
You cant change what happens at ASA and all of a sudden you're going to come to Skywest and take them down. AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I laugh in your face sir, you are all talk and no action so sit there and keep typing about how YOU are going to take down the entire airline industry and put us all out of jobs. YOU are pitiful and weak - like little girl. Hope you enjoy the view from the bottom, it wont be so bad though, I'll buy you a cup of coffee when you're doing your walkaround the the Denver snow on first year F/O pay.

Last edited:
Flight Info goobers

"which will allow SKYW to fill those F/O seats with Flight Info 1000/100 goobers who jack off to SKYW posters instead of Pamela Anderson flicks."

PBR,
That is awesome! I haven't laughed so hard reading this website since I joined. It's a sad but true statement.

homerjdispatch said:
Also, you can't really be serious in thinking most of your pilot group will begin grounding airplanes do you? I mean you guys cant even get a contract with ASA management right now!

In out!

We haven't been released by the NMB, so we cans't legally do anything. Try to staple us to the bottom of your list and we aren't going to care about legal. We're going to be unemployed anyway, and so will eveyone else at Skywest. Be careful what you ask for.

front9 said:
Hey Tomct we all had choices when picking an airline to work for...you just picked the loser, but then thats nothing new for you is it? Your position is F the Skywest pilots, we need to do what fair for Tomct. Well guess what, I'm in that same position too. F U and the seniority you rode in on.

You think a OO pilots seniority is nothing compared to your 3 years with ASA. Its only fair you get to keep your DOH and come in above all of the Skywest pilots cause you're better. You make me sick, if the shoe were on the other foot you would be here talking about staple and how ALPA's going to save you.
You cant change what happens at ASA and all of a sudden you're going to come to Skywest and take them down. AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I laugh in your face sir, you are all talk and no action so sit there and keep typing about how YOU are going to take down the entire airline industry and put us all out of jobs. YOU are pitiful and weak - like little girl. Hope you enjoy the view from the bottom, it wont be so bad though, I'll buy you a cup of coffee when you're doing your walkaround the the Denver snow on first year F/O pay.

No, we would be talking about a list integration, because it's in our contract. Sorry, but as bad as you guys as screwed the profession by flying up to 90 seats for 50 pay, we wouldn't try to screw you in a list integration.

atrdriver said:
If Skywest blew the majority of it's cash reserve to buy ASA, and then tried to staple us, how long do you think they would survive with all of our planes parked (that's would be about half of the total new fleet)? Try to staple us and you will be looking for work at the same time we are.

Amen to that.

ASA guys you will not be stapled, but don't expect DOH either, my guess is if you are 50%, 1% or 90% on the current list you are on that is where you will end up on the combined list. This is the only fair way to do it

Latest resources

Back