• Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SJS is most definately running rampant!!! I was recently at a univeristy run airport that is one of the pipelines to the regionals. There I overheard a young CFI ranting, raving and cussing that he hadnt got an interview yet at XYZ airlines and it was bull$hit that he had to teach for 2 semesters!!!!! After about 15 minutes and out of morbid curiosity I asked him if his times were competative in todays market, he responded:
"650 TT and 100 multi that's 50 more TT than the mins" I just smiled and wished him luck, then walked back outside and had a little chuckle.

You should have told him he needed to call the airline's hiring department and ask why he didn't get called in for an interview yet

kngarthur said:
70K/year? I never made that as a flight instructor.

You must have just came back from a DC Academy meeting and actually believe the crap they tell people about the money they will make if they pay them for training. There isn't an FO in this industry flying a jet under 104 seats that makes anywhere near 70K. Guppykiller is probably rolling in about 30K if he works overtime and if he flew the 190 his pay would increase a whopping NOTHING to about 30K. 2nd yr CHQ pay $29/hr. Yearly income flying 90 hrs. = $31320. Yearly income after taxes = about 25K. I made more than that when I was in college working 15 hours a week. It's jackholes like this who think they actually have a career as an airline pilot when in reality they are destroying a career that was once prestigious.

as of today CRJ Capt. upgrade is 1yr and 9months. ERJ145 just had a guy do upgrade in just over a year. Mesa's payscale does suck, but you dont have to deal with it too long since you upgrade faster than most regionals.

Spinplate said:
as of today CRJ Capt. upgrade is 1yr and 9months. ERJ145 just had a guy do upgrade in just over a year. Mesa's payscale does suck, but you dont have to deal with it too long since you upgrade faster than most regionals.

no i guess you are kinda right...from that point on you just have to deal with sub-par work rules and the bottom of the barrel captain pay.....sound like fun to me.

Everyone knows that if you have 500 hrs and someone asks you to fly a jet you will do it. No one cares who will get mad and if some people bitch about it on a message board. They are out for their own good lets face it. However did everyone think that maybe its the airlines fault for allowing little boys and girls with this time into their million dollar jet.

Shouldn;t there be some kind of regulation against people flying highly sophisticated regional airliners with in some cases up to 100 people on board with little or no experience? I think it would be a good idea.

But until the airlines and the FAA step up and say well maybe we sould put more experienced people in the cockpit it will never stop.

Latest resources

Back