• Watchers 28

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by GrowASpine

... ALPA and line pilots have done NOTHING to stop them or slow them down.
Get over it! It's a shatty thing TSA has created, but like Freedumb, it's here t stay.

rtmcfi said:
I love this quote! Here a line pilot is doing something, and this is your response? Priceless!

Agreed. I'm guessing that that one was posted from a terminal in the Ford & Harrison cave.

MNALPHA....great idea, myself as well as a few other UND alums were trying to figure out a way to put a stop to those scum bags from coming up there, I think a rally would be an excellent idea, because if it stops at least one kid up there from going there, it would be worth it. I for one would have paid attention when i was a student up there if a bunch of alumni came and told me what a scum bag operation an airline was, wish I could come join you up there.

I find it hard to believe people don't do any research into the company they are trying to get hired at. If any pilot wants to join up to HoJets, then let them. Then they need to also join that other list as well. Unless it will adversly affect their careers, they will continue to get pilots at Hojets.

Unions have not served this country well.

Look at our automobile industry…barely breathing because of unions. And, frankly…why are we so ‘for’ the unions…what have they done for the airlines….just look at what’s going on at NWA, Continental, UAL, etc. Why do we believe that ‘unions’ are good. Time has come for unions to simply fade away…2% dues to ALPA…for what? Obviously ALPA and other unions would like to brainwash you and tell that what you have is because of them…but…is it really.

Just look at XJ…Comair…all that talk about contracts…and still not any different than other non-union airlines…in my orientation this ALPA dude was telling us stories that I couldn’t find any truth to…but they got the 2% of pilots paycheck for sure.

Look at how many are standing in line to work for non-union airlines. Just look in to labor law and labor relations and you’d begin to find out that unions are simply waste of employee’s time and money.

If SkyWest can run without a union…so can rest of the airlines. For Go Jet…I say to UND students not to listen to you lot and get that job. Stand for what you believe and don’t be intimidated by people like you who are out there to ‘blackmail’ those who want to fly…nothing wrong at all to fly for *************************…and yes if it gets you an airline flying job, and that’s been your goal, then go for it.

And those of you against airlines like *************************…eventually time will come for you to make mends with the ‘times’ and move on. Move on people…simply move on. Live and let live.

The guys I see bitching about Gj, are the young FO's, and the kids on FI.com. In the real world, most dont care about GJ, or anyone else. They have their own problems they have to work with, mainly presented by ALPA.

After the rally, lets go STREAKING!!! Come on.. we're going through the quad up to the gymnasium!!! Whooo!! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!

GrowASpine said:
The guys I see bitching about Gj, are the young FO's, and the kids on FI.com. In the real world, most dont care about GJ, or anyone else. They have their own problems they have to work with, mainly presented by ALPA.

growaspine, Get A Clue...

In the real world of the regionals, plenty know of the damage done to the careers of many TSA pilots due to the ignorant, or shortsighted taking jobs at that alter ego. Anyone who has any familiarity with TSA pilots knows of their attempt to stand up to that debacle. It is far from just fresh faces... and I think it's a very GOOD thing that the young FOs are in tune with this issue... With the growth of the regionals, time spent there will be much longer than in years past... it IS a significant portion (or all) of a career for many, and they need to realize the hurt some put on the industry if they take a job at GJ, and accordingly, take QOL FROM a TSA pilot.

I emailed Polovitz as well, against GJ coming to UND. I suggest any other UNDers to email him with their feeling against GJ.

I emailed Ken and told him I like that GJ is interviewing on campus. His job is to help UND grads get jobs. He isn't forcing anyone to take a job if offered. That's up to each individual grad.

The really sad part is that most of the people complaining on this board would be pumped to have GJ come to their school to interview. And each one of you complaining now would have had your application in if you met the minimums. It's entertaining to read the posts from those with a holier than thou attitude. Just because you're unhappy with your career is no reason to take everyone down with you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back