• Start date
  • Watchers 28

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAir was implementing an ab-initio program at our 141 school, in the end it didn't matter.

ReverseSensing said:
"oooops" what?

You had to be there...it was quite the joke. This would have been 93/94.

FN FAL said:
"oooops" what?

Interesting considering that USAir had pilots on furlough from 92 to 99 and didn't hire a single pilot during that time.

FlyBunny said:
Unions have not served this country well.

Look at our automobile industry…barely breathing because of unions. And, frankly…why are we so ‘for’ the unions…what have they done for the airlines….just look at what’s going on at NWA, Continental, UAL, etc. Why do we believe that ‘unions’ are good. Time has come for unions to simply fade away…2% dues to ALPA…for what? Obviously ALPA and other unions would like to brainwash you and tell that what you have is because of them…but…is it really.

Just look at XJ…Comair…all that talk about contracts…and still not any different than other non-union airlines…in my orientation this ALPA dude was telling us stories that I couldn’t find any truth to…but they got the 2% of pilots paycheck for sure.

Look at how many are standing in line to work for non-union airlines. Just look in to labor law and labor relations and you’d begin to find out that unions are simply waste of employee’s time and money.

If SkyWest can run without a union…so can rest of the airlines. For Go Jet…I say to UND students not to listen to you lot and get that job. Stand for what you believe and don’t be intimidated by people like you who are out there to ‘blackmail’ those who want to fly…nothing wrong at all to fly for *************************…and yes if it gets you an airline flying job, and that’s been your goal, then go for it.

And those of you against airlines like *************************…eventually time will come for you to make mends with the ‘times’ and move on. Move on people…simply move on. Live and let live.

Thanks for weighing in, Ron Henson..........

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
"oooops" what?

:laugh: That "oooops" had nothing to do with your post. I made one of those mistakes where I thought I was replying to the last post in the thread when there was actually another page or two. My post didn't make sense where it actually posted, so I edited it and couldn't think of anything more clever than "ooops."

I was actually intending to lay into FlyBunny (i.e. the Ford & Harrison associate specializing in trolling pilot boards), but decided it was probably wasted effort.

KeroseneSnorter said:
Interesting considering that USAir had pilots on furlough from 92 to 99 and didn't hire a single pilot during that time.

You'll have to take that argument up with Bill Shields, owner of "Shields Aviation", a 141 flight school that was based at CRG.

FN FAL said:
You'll have to take that argument up with Bill Shields, owner of "Shields Aviation", a 141 flight school that was based at CRG.

Must have been some deal for the regional carriers in USAir's network.....oops, commuters back then! Fast track to the right seat of a jet stream, Be-99, or a Shorts most likely.

Since we're on the topic of *************************s, I have to share my little exprerience with these pukes. I was in Portland, Maine, and happend to have a little time on this particular turn. I decided to take a leak in a big boy potty (as opposed to the RJ latrine) and as I was making my way through the terminal, I spotted a couple of ************************* pukes in line at the Starbucks. I thought to myself, ******************** should I say something to these pukes that they shouldn't be splurging on large expenses like "Fourbucks" since they were too poor/busy undercutting everyone elses wages. Well, I though of myself better than that, so I took my few minutes of glory at the urinal and headed back to my nice shiny RJ. When I got back I saw the even bigger and nicer shiny RJ to my right and assumed that that be the pukes ride. Again, I said, I'll be a better person and forget about it. As I was going to call in for the clearance I heard "Gateway" call for theirs. Well, there was no clearance to ORD proposed for their time of departure so the controller told them there was one for later. To my astonishment the "Gateway" crew took that flight plan and said to the controller: "We'll go ahead and double dip" referring to the fact that they would take someone elses flightplan. I thought to myself, hmmm... so the character of these pukes is finally revealed! They would eat their own, let alone TSA pilots. Then, if that's not enough, they pushed back and started their engines, and we pushed back and started our engines. We were closer to the runway of departure but we didn't block the taxiway leading to the runway as instructed by ground. When they called for taxi while we were firing up the engines, the controller told them to give way to us and taxi to the runway. I couldn't believe what I heard the Rosie O'Donnell look alike PIG Capt. say over the radio! She just said, "Uhhhhhh,... OOOOOOHHHKKK!!!" in a disgusting swine wine, like we just were in her way. I couldn't believe it! People like that are rude and have no place in aviation!

Last edited:
Is it true that *************************s is being shut down?

Why can't I type *************************S?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back