• Watchers 28

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter said:
Must have been some deal for the regional carriers in USAir's network.....oops, commuters back then! Fast track to the right seat of a jet stream, Be-99, or a Shorts most likely.
No, the people coming to give the presentations were from USAir.

I know you airline pilots know everything, but what you are saying wasn't what was going on.

tomcash said:
Is it true that *************************s is being shut down?

Why can't I type *************************S?

Yes, its true...we are being shut down as of next monday......management decided that all of the bad press we have been getting on flight info has prevented us from getting a single pilot app.....looks like you all have won...congrats.

waterski_heavy said:
Yes, its true...we are being shut down as of next monday......management decided that all of the bad press we have been getting on flight info has prevented us from getting a single pilot app.....looks like you all have won...congrats.

Dooooouche Baaaaaag.

FN FAL said:
No, the people coming to give the presentations were from USAir.

I know you airline pilots know everything, but what you are saying wasn't what was going on.

I never said they were not doing something like that, just that you are correct in the part about it being a joke. The "Fast Track" to USAir would have been a minimum of five years, since no furloughed pilot was recalled until January of 99...and they had been out for 7 years at the time. The real joke was that they were re-furloughed 3 years later!! So far this one has lasted 4 years!

So that was where the comment about the Be-99's etc came from, since that was the only possible place for a new pilot to be with USAir during that time period.

mnalpha said:
Talked to KP at UND and he said they are reviewing GJs visit to UND. I for one do not want to be associated with those scum bags. Please email UND and let them know how being associated with GJ hurts us all. In addition I would like to start a rally/picket at UND on the same day that GJ "might" be on campus. I Will organise this, if you are behind it please PM me...

so how did it go??? today was the day of the career fair wasn't it??? anyone show up to protest it??? how many students were talking with GJ???

just wondering

mesaba2425 said:
I emailed Ken and told him I like that GJ is interviewing on campus. His job is to help UND grads get jobs. He isn't forcing anyone to take a job if offered. That's up to each individual grad.

The really sad part is that most of the people complaining on this board would be pumped to have GJ come to their school to interview. And each one of you complaining now would have had your application in if you met the minimums. It's entertaining to read the posts from those with a holier than thou attitude. Just because you're unhappy with your career is no reason to take everyone down with you.

Yeah, I'm sure UND wants to advertise "Come to UND, spend a ton of money, and get a job at a great airline like ho jets!" These guys that decide to go there may face the risk of living with that decision for the rest of their careers. I am not saying that there are a bunch of great regionals out there to choose from right now, but don't lower yourself to ho jets. When you invest so much into a career, I think you need to be careful to make a good decision. I also emailed KP, and I hope they did look at the ramifications of this visit.

And where do you come off assuming that you know everyone's situation. I don't know, but I would bet the majority of us complaining about this have regional jobs already and are tired of seeing this industry continue to sink to new lows. Unless people stand up to this, ho jets will not be the last alter-ego started. As long as there are people willing to work for companies like ho jets, they will keep on coming.

FlyBunny said:
Unions have not served this country well.

Look at our automobile industry…barely breathing because of unions. And, frankly…why are we so ‘for’ the unions…what have they done for the airlines….just look at what’s going on at NWA, Continental, UAL, etc. Why do we believe that ‘unions’ are good. Time has come for unions to simply fade away…2% dues to ALPA…for what? Obviously ALPA and other unions would like to brainwash you and tell that what you have is because of them…but…is it really.

Just look at XJ…Comair…all that talk about contracts…and still not any different than other non-union airlines…in my orientation this ALPA dude was telling us stories that I couldn’t find any truth to…but they got the 2% of pilots paycheck for sure.

Look at how many are standing in line to work for non-union airlines. Just look in to labor law and labor relations and you’d begin to find out that unions are simply waste of employee’s time and money.

If SkyWest can run without a union…so can rest of the airlines. For Go Jet…I say to UND students not to listen to you lot and get that job. Stand for what you believe and don’t be intimidated by people like you who are out there to ‘blackmail’ those who want to fly…nothing wrong at all to fly for *************************…and yes if it gets you an airline flying job, and that’s been your goal, then go for it.

And those of you against airlines like *************************…eventually time will come for you to make mends with the ‘times’ and move on. Move on people…simply move on. Live and let live.
This last paragraph is the most intellegent piece of writing that I've seen on this website.....think how better this world would be with positive attitudes instead of the bitter old resentful sour faced loser's that seem to always be whining and crying about some insignificant little detail and trying to make it look more than it is........Thanks for the positive attitude flybunny...we at GJ appreciate this.

waterski_heavy said:
This last paragraph is the most intellegent piece of writing that I've seen on this website.....think how better this world would be with positive attitudes instead of the bitter old resentful sour faced loser's that seem to always be whining and crying about some insignificant little detail and trying to make it look more than it is........Thanks for the positive attitude flybunny...we at GJ appreciate this.

Thanks for proving that g0jet pilots are scumbags. Be "positive" about whipsaw alter ego airlines!

I bet you would tell scabs that they were just "positive" people!

You are on your own with your g0jet scumbags.

waterski_heavy said:

Interesting that you loved the live and let live statement from the previous g0jet supporter. The desperation in your posts is palpable. You wish you could "move on" and "forget about it".

Sorry buddy, you are labeled permanently. We will never, ever forget. Once that g0jet label is attached to you, it sticks. For life. Maybe 100% of the pilots in the industry won't know about it, but you will always be wondering who does.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back