• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single Representation at SWA/AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, well, my comments reflect his decision. How, then, are my comments "deranged"?

Because your comments do NOT reflect his decision. They misrepresent it.

No, my comments accurately reflect his decision. As another member wrote, you may not like it but that's the way it is.

What exactly did you agree with in his decision, anyway? Obviously not all of it (assuming we're talking about the same arbitration).

I agreed with the arbitrator's decision. Our pilots voted for the SLI agreement, and the language didn't provide them the protections that they were trying to get in arbitration. It was that simple. But your nonsense about ALPA being at fault and such is not found anywhere in the arbitrator's decision, no matter how many times you claim it was.

I agreed with the arbitrator's decision. Our pilots voted for the SLI agreement, and the language didn't provide them the protections that they were trying to get in arbitration. It was that simple. But your nonsense about ALPA being at fault and such is not found anywhere in the arbitrator's decision, no matter how many times you claim it was.

Sounds like you blame the pilots! Let's remember: The AT pilots voted on the only agreement they were allowed to vote on.

How about that language you mentioned? From the arbitrator:

The fact that the B717 Captain seats protection and Atlanta domicile protection were in the original SLI Agreement would, had that agreement come in to effect, have effectively preserved these particular protections on behalf of AirTran pilots.

Both ALPA and SWAPA accept that the AirTran MEC turned down the first SLI Agreement without even presenting the offer to its members for consideration.

...ALPA gambled wrong in the first SLI Agreement when it rejected the terms of the Agreement in the hope of extracting more favorable terms from the Company.

...the Arbitrator notes that in other merger-transition agreements similar to the one underlying this case, ALPA was able to include cast-iron guarantees regarding the number of aircraft and type of aircraft that would be retained in any newly, merged company.

The AT pilots voted on the only SLI agreement they were handed by their status reps, who had approved it unanimously.

Maybe the AT pilots would have been willing to consider an agreement with an ATL fence until 2020, preservation of 850 captain seats until 2020, and a pay raise of $5000/month, but ALPA denied them that opportunity.

Sounds like you blame the pilots!

Of course I blame the pilots. And the MEC, and the Merger Committee. But mostly the pilots. We had ironclad language guaranteeing us integration and guaranteeing us arbitration. To accept that sh!t sandwich deal (either the first or second one) was absolute lunacy. The arbitrator was right. We got exactly what we deserved.

Of course I blame the pilots. And the MEC, and the Merger Committee. But mostly the pilots. We had ironclad language guaranteeing us integration and guaranteeing us arbitration. To accept that sh!t sandwich deal (either the first or second one) was absolute lunacy. The arbitrator was right. We got exactly what we deserved.

I guess it is time to let the cat out of the bag...It was all one big conspiracy. We voted it in just so you would leave and take ALPA with you. :eek:

Phred

"Ironclad guarantees", huh? That may your armchair opinion but apparently you're as misinformed as ALPA made the pilots.

Here's what the Orlando council reps admitted after they joined in the unanimous MEC acceptance of the fecal sandwich:

Counsel has also advised all along that should these legal protections be challenged, resulting in a court case, that the duration of, the outcome of, and remedy awarded from that court case could not be guaranteed.

So they knew all along the "protections" were unreliable yet rejected the far better deal anyway. It's worth noting that the FO status rep who sent the above has long since crossed over to SWA, thereby collecting a 50% pay raise and SWAPA representation.

Rats, ship.

Iwant to make sure I have the back grounds correct here.

PCL = HS diploma from Atlanta High

GK = B.B.A. in Accounting from UT ( Texas, not the real UT- Tennessee) :)

We aren't even talking about GK, and yet you see the need to jump in and guzzle some of his cum? Telling.

Latest resources

Back