• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single Representation at SWA/AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CBA issues actually aren't that big of a deal. All SWAPA would really need to do is get some of our old contract compliance, grievance, or negotiating people to assist with administering the AirTran contract.

In that case, who receives the dues revenue? The ALPA contract states dues are paid to ALPA but if SWAPA is administering the ALPA contract who is owed the money for that function? Again, how does one union administer another unions contract? It just seems counter intuitive that this is a smart way to do the unions (either ALPA or SWAPA) business.

SWAPA recently had a ballot initiative that asked are we willing to take on some type of associate member that was represented by SWAPA but not necessarily a full member receiving all union benefits directly to address this issue, it was voted down.

It was voted down for the very reason presented. SWAPA will NOT be administering an ALPA contract, period.

Want the representation? Vote in SWAPA.

In that case, who receives the dues revenue?

SWAPA. This is far from a new concept. Remember, the NPA used to represent us. ALPA was voted in, and ALPA just assumed representation and administering our CBA.

SWAPA recently had a ballot initiative that asked are we willing to take on some type of associate member that was represented by SWAPA but not necessarily a full member receiving all union benefits directly to address this issue, it was voted down.

Good thing, since that would be illegal.

It was voted down for the very reason presented. SWAPA will NOT be administering an ALPA contract, period.

The NMB will make that decision. It could go either way. I lean towards thinking that they'll reject the petition if SWAPA objects, but anything is possible.

The NMB will make that decision. It could go either way. I lean towards thinking that they'll reject the petition if SWAPA objects, but anything is possible.

Well I certainly hope they SWAPA will object since the membership has already made their feelings known in the failed constitutional amendment vote.

There is a LOT of ignorance on this subject.
I'll jump in if PCL is showing his ALPA ass, but the fact is he knows way more than most of you about the RLA-
You should listen to him. There are some embarrassing posts above on this topic

And yet, the thread seems to be getting a big yawn by most.

That's because most could give a rat's ass about ALPA. After the way things went down, most could give a rat's ass about SWAPA as well.

Latest resources

Back