Signature

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can learn something from FI...

Thanks for that tidbit, you know signature is the only FBO @ SFO. 450$ ramp fee for a King Air 200.

And Mr. Grumpy A-hole behind the counter. I don't know what his problem is, but I dread when he's working behind the desk.

I knew they were doom once they quit stocking those caramel pecan cookies with their coffee that was always so good.

I won't defend Signature, but this is a trend I have noticed everywhere. I had a trip that included stops at several small FBO's, they all had one person working, doing everything. It took an hour to get fuel and a lav service and put the aircraft away for the night (and we were the only customer).

Or any retail store, grocery store, etc etc....everyone has cut staff back to nothing.

I dont go to FBOs often - maybe 5X in the last year - but all have been ghost towns. Sign of the times.

Still - no reason a Signature cant take a crew to a hotel. Thats pretty bad.

And Mr. Grumpy A-hole behind the counter. I don't know what his problem is, but I dread when he's working behind the desk.
I agree, must need a G plane or a Global for the good treatment. We do our best to tanker through SFO.

TEB wasn't that bad a couple weeks ago, counter girls were nice and the ramp service was great.

I have talked to many signature employees all over the country, since they got their new CEO.
They are now trying to staff employees according to demand.

It seems he reduced most of the employees from full time to part time employees, so they can enjoy all the benefits that part time workers enjoy.

I heard they had some 15 year employees reduced to part time status. :(

Sounds like a lot of FBO's in this economy... At least most signature locations have lowered their prices a little...

Yea, from 50% more than everyone else to 20% more.

I agree, must need a G plane or a Global for the good treatment. We do our best to tanker through SFO.
Not gonna even attempt to compare my Challenger to the mighty (***cough***) Gulfstream or Global but pulling up in a 605 didn't get us squat for service.

You can learn something from FI...

Thanks for that tidbit, you know signature is the only FBO @ SFO. 450$ ramp fee for a King Air 200.

Suggest you tell your pax that OAK is just as good (if not better) if their ultimate destination is downtown San Fran. I can save in excess of $5000 by taking a Gulfstram 4 into OAK vs SFO - that includes fuel cost savings, service fees that are zero or minimal, ATC delays that do not exist saving us valuable flight time, and never mind the great service provided by any of the FBO's on the field. Unless you're running 135 and have to go where the fare tells you, your boss will be very happy with OAK - guaranteed!

Latest resources

Back