• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Signature

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Signature's policy at DEN, perhaps company wide, is to have 3 ground personel available to tow a plane. We were there about 3 weeks ago and they only had 2, asked us to help them. They said that was the staffing level they had been cut down to.

Signature sometimes has the lowest fuel prices on the field...and while I don't visit many US FBO's, my experience has always been pretty good at Signatures - as good as anywhere else....

Signature as a brand is indeed the pits. However, the TEB Signature is especially bad. The attitude by the counter staff is almost one of contempt. I was in there early last week (the NE side) and I felt like I was serving her! If I have any control over the matter, I will NEVER voluntarily taxi any aircraft I fly on to a Signature ramp.

Meanwhile, Im calling this young ladies boss in the morning to discuss her complete lack of customer service (probably in vain though).

Signature as a brand is indeed the pits. However, the TEB Signature is especially bad. The attitude by the counter staff is almost one of contempt. I was in there early last week (the NE side) and I felt like I was serving her! If I have any control over the matter, I will NEVER voluntarily taxi any aircraft I fly on to a Signature ramp.

Meanwhile, Im calling this young ladies boss in the morning to discuss her complete lack of customer service (probably in vain though).

Jackie Vibbert is Signature TEB's manager - she's actually a pretty good lady, and will likely be receptive to your complaints. Jackie's been around the NY Signature area for more than a decade, at both EWR & TEB. That's a long time for any Signature manager - they usually don't last more than 2 years!

Signature as a brand is indeed the pits. However, the TEB Signature is especially bad. The attitude by the counter staff is almost one of contempt.

They must have hired everybody they let go from First Aviation! :laugh:

I think the problem is Jersey, not necessarily Signature. Everybody in that state seems to treat everyone else with that same contempt.

Hey Star, I think I know who you may be talking about. She is sporting a serious permanent tan. I have had issues with her as well, but across the runway at Signature TEB. She is truly in the wrong business. A dose of humility would do her a world of good. Sadly, her tan will probably save her sorry tail..

Yeah, that is her. Im sure Im not the only one who has sufferred her 'service'..

Signature sometimes has the lowest fuel prices on the field...and while I don't visit many US FBO's, my experience has always been pretty good at Signatures - as good as anywhere else....

Usually you are on the mark G200, but I think you missed this one...

There's a big difference at Signature Denver (APA), for example, where there is plenty of competition. Then there's EWR, BWI, MIA, SAV, SFO ....etc where they rape you.

I have notice most places that have competition, Signature will have the fewest planes on their ramp, I wonder why? Could it be the monopolistic based business plan?

They are avoided by our operation whenever possible.

Usually you are on the mark G200, but I think you missed this one...

There's a big difference at Signature Denver (APA), for example, where there is plenty of competition. Then there's EWR, BWI, MIA, SAV, SFO ....etc where they rape you.

I have notice most places that have competition, Signature will have the fewest planes on their ramp, I wonder why? Could it be the monopolistic based business plan?

They are avoided by our operation whenever possible.

I guess you missed the "sometimes" in my statement?...:)

For example - Signature KHPN will often have the lowest fuel price on the field - and sadly, their ramp is as dead as any lately.

Of course they charge a fortune at places like KSFO....supply and demand..and there's only one supply. Don't like it? dont go there! - I know many operations use KOAK, but Signature KSFO is still in business as some still use KSFO! monopolistic? many call it capitalism.

I'm not telling you to go to Signature, hate them all you want...I just never understood pilots hatred for any FBO. Is it personal?

Unless our pax has a love for a particular FBO, we call around and negotiate the best prices and service - Signature or not. I could care less what the sign says.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back