• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Signature

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Especially when they offer horrible personal service, yet continue to charge ridiculous amounts of money for said service.

OK - but why would anyone PAY for horrible personal service?

details?

If I was given horrible service at a Signature (or any other FBO) I would certainly not pay for it - and would certainly not go back! - let them go out of business....

For example - Signature KHPN will often have the lowest fuel price on the field - and sadly, their ramp is as dead as any lately.

I'm not telling you to go to Signature, hate them all you want...I just never understood pilots hatred for any FBO. Is it personal?

-Plenty of competition in HPN, yet they can't compete proves the point I was making.

-I don't "hate" them, I just rather deal with companies that offer a fair price for their services at all locations.

If I was given horrible service at a Signature (or any other FBO) I would certainly not pay for it - and would certainly not go back! - let them go out of business....

So you would just take your plane and leave? Even though that had provided (poor) service? Something tells me they might be coming after you. And, I'm sure your boss would love it when the company got a call about not paying for services.

And what about the next time the boss wants to go to MIA or MKE or BWI? Are you going to tell them we are not going to those airports?

So you would just take your plane and leave? Even though that had provided (poor) service? Something tells me they might be coming after you. And, I'm sure your boss would love it when the company got a call about not paying for services.

And what about the next time the boss wants to go to MIA or MKE or BWI? Are you going to tell them we are not going to those airports?

:confused:

Of course you always offer cheaper alternatives, right? But if he wants to go to a specific spot - I dont care...I did my job. Its up to him/her if they want to pay for the convenience.

And no, as I said before, I would NEVER pay for poor personal service! Would you? I would have the handling charge removed from the bill for xxx reason. Have you never not had to do this? Why would you walk into the FBO with the credit card and pay for something that wasn't as it should have been? A large part of my job is to watch the Co. assets...nevermind that I would act the same with my own money! Over the last year or two ALL FBOs are hurting like hell for business, you can negotiate pretty good deals.

As I said I'm no Signature fan (or any other FBO) I just go where the best deal is with the services we need. I dont let the Signature bashing bandwagon affect me from doing my job...and I would sure use their FBO if a simple phone call negotiates a better deal than other FBOs on the field, as it sometimes does.

anyhow...Im sure this could go on forever! - Its takes less time to find an fbo than read half this thread.

:)

I kind of like Atlantic, but I might be influenced by the 'Atlantic Bucks'..
;-)

I agree with Atlantic and Signature sucking. While I find that most Atlantic's are much more helpful than Signature. The Atlantic bucks program was better when there was no cap to get a reward. I just made it to the limit last week. Unless you fly a BIG jet you will struggle to get enough. I even hear frax guys sharing among fleets to get the small jet guys just to score a measly $200. I mean give me a BREAK! It cost them 5 cents a gallon to issue the certificate-I can get that discount just for asking....Signature never has enough people. I got parked in IAD by the GM a while back. WTF? It might have something to do with me parking right at the front door when I could not see a truck or lineman-so I went with what was best for me.. The Front Door!

I'm based at a Signature. The staff reductions mentioned above are true. It's sad what has happened to the employees there. The policy came down from way up high to basically get everyone possible cut back to part-time status.
Yes the service is suffering for it. But, try not to take it out on the bottom-rung people if they are doing their best. They didn't write the schedule that has them working a shift alone, and they don't set the fees and fuel prices...

Just came back from an over night at SFO. Came out to the aircraft the next day and the garbage bag was in the same spot the line guy from the night before left it, (under my wing). It made me feel good to tanker in enough fuel to get back to NYC.

Latest resources

Back