Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CRFLyPutt

What else should I expect from this outfit but the highest fuel prices in the industry and $hitty service.

Pulled into Signature at HPN the other day. Not a soul on the ramp to marshall us in, so I parked up front, shut down, climb out of the cockpit and open the door on a the Lear 35 I was flying that day. As I stepped out of the airplane, this one line guy, with pants too big for him and J-Lo glasses, walks up and tells me I can't park there. I told him we were a drop off and quick turn and that wouldn't be there long. If he wanted to tell us where to park, he should have been there to guide us like 99% of all the other FBO's that do it. He shrugged his boney shoulders and walked off. Inside the FBO after we were fueled, I pulled out a credit card to pay for gas only to find out it's over $5.00 a gallon. YOU GOTTA BE F'n KIDDING ME?? The front desk lady said "I know, gas is expensive here." I chuckled thinking about what I was told in the past by a Signature employee concerning their fuel prices. She said, excellent customer service was the reason their prices are higher than most.

I avoid Signature whenever I can. How this outfit stays in business is a mystery to me?

I agree with you. I have only had the misfortune of dealing with them at MSP. I will never use them again unless there is no other FBO on the field.

How this outfit stays in business is a mystery to me?

the Netjets business helps them out a lot. They've also got the market cornered at several locations. BOS comes to mind...IAD as well (I think.)...ORD too.

p.s. I know that it's not up to the netjets pilots to choose what fbo to go to.

Foxcow said:
I agree with you. I have only had the misfortune of dealing with them at MSP. I will never use them again unless there is no other FBO on the field.

I have to admit, the Signature employees at MSP are pretty good compared to some of the other Signatures I've been forced to go to.

CRFLyPutt said:
I have to admit, the Signature employees at MSP are pretty good compared to some of the other Signatures I've been forced to go to.

That is very sad if that is the case.

CRFLyPutt said:
What else should I expect from this outfit but the highest fuel prices in the industry and $hitty service.

Pulled into Signature at HPN the other day. Not a soul on the ramp to marshall us in, so I parked up front, shut down, climb out of the cockpit and open the door on a the Lear 35 I was flying that day. As I stepped out of the airplane, this one line guy, with pants too big for him and J-Lo glasses, walks up and tells me I can't park there. I told him we were a drop off and quick turn and that wouldn't be there long. If he wanted to tell us where to park, he should have been there to guide us like 99% of all the other FBO's that do it. He shrugged his boney shoulders and walked off. Inside the FBO after we were fueled, I pulled out a credit card to pay for gas only to find out it's over $5.00 a gallon. YOU GOTTA BE F'n KIDDING ME?? The front desk lady said "I know, gas is expensive here." I chuckled thinking about what I was told in the past by a Signature employee concerning their fuel prices. She said, excellent customer service was the reason their prices are higher than most.

I avoid Signature whenever I can. How this outfit stays in business is a mystery to me?

From what I have seen in both the New York area and the Chicago area, fuel prices are right on par with the rest of the FBO's that are in that area.

Signature at HPN is probably the worst Signature around. The last time I was there we had a little "pow-wow" with the general manager. We were trying to make a point. It worked somewhat seeing as we are a Signature base customer elsewhere but...he still was arrogant. The service really sucks bottom line. That will be our last visit to that Signature facility...time to go across the airport.

Foxcow said:

There is the secret of how they stay in business.... usually they are the only choice on the field. And it's usually the big city airports. Suggest to the boss that they try a reliever airport and avoid these ripoff artists.

I love calling in fuel ahead of time for TEB. Can't understand the mumble mouths over the phone.

KMIA - Jet A no additive, all taxes = $5.13/gal, $61.00 parking (we were there 2.5 hrs) , Landing fee (not due to Signature) = $31.50. Minimum fuel purchase to avoid the ramp fee of $190 (Med Turboprop) = 120 gal. Used to be 80 gal or a charge of $ 120 (I believe)

Latest resources

Back