• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Signature boston...what a joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a minute. You were instructing at FSI, and you were told not to use the FBO that is owned by FSI's parent company??

So what is the $275 for?

"ramp fee"
"service fee"
"handling fee"
"security fee"
"I'm having a bad day fee" etc., etc.

Timebuilder said:
Wait a minute. You were instructing at FSI, and you were told not to use the FBO that is owned by FSI's parent company??
I wasn't aware of that. (Was it true in '96-'98?) But yeah. We were told that Signature's prices were too darned high, and that we should try other FBO's first.

I'm not sure of the time frame, but it's my understanding that Signature, FSI, NJA are all Warren Buffett/Hathaway properties.

Maybe someone who is more familiar can update this info.

Signature is like that psycho ex-girlfriend that's a pain in the @ss to be around and makes you miserable 99% of the time, yet you keep coming back to hit it because she's hot as hell and has the best DSL of anyone you know.

Signature is owned by BBA Group PLC, although considering berkshire's aviation holdings, it would be understandable to think that they were owned by berkshire. Berkshire could own some stock in BBA group, but i doubt that.

Berkshire could own some stock in BBA group, but i doubt that.

I'm not even sure who BBA group is. The way it was explained to me was that NJA gets their fuel at Signature because they are owned by the same company. In this day and age, it would not surprise me if BBA was a holding company of some sort.

More fact checking to do now, you've gotten my curiosity up. :confused:

Latest resources

Back