Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
just wanted to unload a little while i'm waiting for the smart guy at the counter to finish up my bill.

picture me...small charter company. early morning flight to boston. passenger gets a terminal ride...didn't step foot inside the building.

it's 6:45am. 28 degrees with a wind chill of 19. freaking cold. i close up the plane and come in for a cup of joe before i push off to westchester. freezing. i come into the first set of doors. the second set of doors has to be opened by the guy behind the desk. i knock on the glass....knock on the glass...knock on the glass. so cold. i can see the "security" guy sitting at the "security" station reading the paper. does he help me? nope.

i finally have to go outside and knock on the employee lounge window to get someone to let me in. so cold. i get in, get coffee, check the winds aloft, and go back to the desk. card on file...just need to sign.

they give me the receipt. i'm signing and notice SECURITY FEE at the top. security fee? really? the guy didn't even help me get in the door. an extra $48 on top of the other huge fees...for a small charter company.

i immediately wad the signed receipt and put it in my pocket. question the bill. he realizes he's caught. has to deduct the extra costs. i stood at the desk for 5-10 minutes waiting. i finally walked away to give him time to figure out how to not overcharge me.

just drives me nuts. i try to save money everywhere i can and they hit me with this. i was ready though. i've been fighting the "security fee" all summer. you'd think they would learn.

they offer lav service too. surprised they didn't put that on the bill. i don't even have a potty seat. jesus. gotta love signature.

sorry. just needed an early morning rant. gotta get to work. :D

We hear ya...

but, if you dont like the fees --- why not go to the other FBO at KBOS..!?

:rolleyes:

That's really nothing. The absolute worst was when signature was at it's old building and the ramp was on the north ramp. The shuttles would come every once and a while. One time I walked through the international terminal in febuary hoping to get picked up by a state trooper because I was frozen solid.

How do you get out of not paying the security fee?

Massport doesn't want GA at boston at all? Since it is a federally funded airport they have to be there. Massport will just keep moving signature around.

Unless you truely have to go downtown. BED, or OWD is 10 times better with 10 times the service. Of course signature screwed up mercury in KBED when they first opened it so that's signature for you.

Your not flying out of KLEW are you?

hmm. you should re-read (or maybe i mistyped) my post.

we don't mind the fees. we pass them off to the customer anyway. it's a matter of charging for something i didn't use. i was dropping off. my passenger never stepped foot inside the building. the van took him from the plane to the terminal. i went in (after some knocking and cold, early-morning frustration) but i didn't use the security station. i didn't see the security guy move the whole time i was there. really. didn't even see a blink. he might've been a dummy. (pun intended)

it's no problem to charge me if the pax use it. otherwise, don't try to screw us. i'm sure it happens to a lot of people. they just may not notice and/or care.

i made the reference to the lav service. it's there. it's offered. but did i use it? no. is it fair to charge me anyway? no. i didn't get de-iced. should they put it on the bill anyway? no.

just don't like getting screwed.

also in the time i logged on, typed my post, logged off, got another cup of coffee, and used the head the guy still hadn't figured out how to fix my bill. incredible. i had to leave without my receipt b/c he was going to make me miss my next pax.

if he's the one that got hired, i'd hate to see the ones that applied and didn't.

have a good one.

Signature KBOS has always been one of the worst Signatures. They just don't give a sh!t, and their service (if you want to call it that) reflects it. The only good thing about going to KBOS is the Legal Seafood in the Terminal, otherwise I'd rather go to KBED or anywhere else for that matter.

yes they $UCK. and they know it. So does every other GA pilot on the planet.

save the whining, they dont care what you think. If you land at KBOS - thats where youre going - pound your fists and kick and scream.....but FU they say - PAY ME.

unless you a real new to this - you already know this is what Signature specializes in. Its the same in KLGA. Go to a Signature PBI or TEB where there is competition...and thier ramps are full...they actually TRY there.

save yourself the aggrevation. Go to KBED.

but then again, we as pilots rarely make THAT decision...

Signature in general overcharges and gives lousy service. Signature in Las Vegas is terrible. I've waited 45 minutes for ice before, making several requests. I've stood at the desk while the counter girl goes about her business and ignores me. I've gone and hour and a half requesting a GPU, and never received one.

I believe their ramp fee is about two hundred bucks, as I recall. Their fuel is overpriced. They charge extra for every service, including the GPU, even when buying fuel and paying the overblown ramp fee.

Once I taxied out of there and thanked them on the radio for the GPU, ice, and papers I never received, after sitting there for an hour. Once a company airplane went in there by mistake, realizing that they needed to be at the Executive ramp. They had taxied in on one engine, and still had it turning. They began to power up to taxi off the signature ramp. Signature parked a fuel truck in front of them and refused to move it until they shut down, came inside, and paid the ramp fee.

A very unprofessional place filled with ignorance, stupidty, poor service, and blood sucking leaches. In my opinion, the two bit four flushing dirty rotton low down indiscriminate clodhopping sons of xxxxxxx (note to administrator; the automatic censor isn't censoring that one, so I did). Perhaps that's just me.

I see that in other signatures, too. In today's vernacular, they suck.

KBOS Signature is probably the worst, fortunately that is not the norm when it comes to Signature Flight Support. You get what you pay for and when it comes to the "service" few other chains are able to match the service that Signature gives. As for the handling and other fees, they are pa$$ed on to the pax who really could care less since they enjoy the service that they recieve. They would not be flying charter in the first place anyways if this Signature fee was soo outrageous. I have never ever had one complaint from any of the pax I have had onboard and I will use Signature whenever I have the choice.

I do agree that KBOS Signature has a few problems..

3 5 0

This one time...at band camp...er, I mean FlightSafety...

When I was instructing down in Vero Beach, we were prohibited from using Signature because of their pricing policies. You'd think they'd get a clue...

(Actually, ASA's also stopped buying fuel from Signature in a lot of places, now that I think about it.)

Latest resources

Back