• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sign of the times - Martha Stewart leaves Netjets for Talon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I seem to remember a story about a pax (actress or pop singer) throwing something small (non dangereous) up into the cockpit out of frustration. I heard she got a nice talking to, and an altimatum essentially convincing her NOT to ever let it happen again.

NJA (atleast under RTS) always had the pilots back. atleast in my time

I have to believe NetJets has provisions in owner contracts that prohibit the owners from doing this sort of thing. Don't all fracs require the owners to act civil towards the crews?

I remember a story of a pax peeing on the tire while the crew (Captain) was loading bags. The pee splattered and the Captain got peed on. He (rightfully) shut the operation down right there and the company stood behind him. I don't care how much they pay...they don't get to pee on us and they don't get to throw things at us or curse us out.

Sooo...NetJet's has this sort of protection right? Share owners don't get to throw catering at the crew as Downwind suggested, right?
I thought it was a Falcon capt who peed on the tire....

I remember a story of a pax peeing on the tire while the crew (Captain) was loading bags. The pee splattered and the Captain got peed on. He (rightfully) shut the operation down right there and the company stood behind him.
Was the owner a midget? Given the size of fractional airplanes how could the guy, I assume it was a guy, pee on the tires. Even with a geewiz one would have to kneel quite a bit to pee on the tire. That said I agree with you; you can't pee on me without paying extra.

True story..

Doing a flight from Canada we had a minor malfunction that we couldn't take all the way to S. FL.. We landed at a larger city on the US side, within 30 minutes of the malfunction we had another a/c ready to go, customs waiting, and a very happy passenger. (as happy as one could be with an unscheduled stop). He commented that that was the one great thing about being an owner with us.

I'm not sure but I doubt many charter ops could pull that off. Unless of course they flew the broken plane all the way to it's destination
Unfortunately that's what is done most of the time; knew a DO once who actually asked what were the odds of having an accident (very small) so why not press on.

Had a pax ask me once why their airplanes never broke down on the road and ours (nice frac operator) broke sometimes. I explained that we put more time on ours... blah, blah, blah. I wanted to tell him that your pilots want to go home so your planes break at home; where as our crews are on the road anyway so we write up broken airplanes there and then. Which is the safer method?

Or, we could talk about how we feel when a customer and their dog get off the aircraft leaving a nice steaming pile of awesomeness there for someone to clean up.
I mean, really? Just let the dog crap right there on the carpet? Sweet.

Latest resources

Back