Sign of the coming hiring boom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol good luck
Got rejected on the first try huh? Well dog boy at least you can lick your own nuts, at least ya got that goin' for ya.

All except for ExpressJet which will become smaller and smaller until it's wound down.

Why?
Losing DCI 200s starting this fall
Consistently abysmal performance numbers on the UAX and AE flying which will lead to non-renewal of contracts.

We might be losing 10-30/month on the CRJ side but there's probably a good reason why we're not upgrading. It's getting a little scary and even though I have 400-500 people under me, if I don't get out in the next few years, I'll be worried about my job.

The "shortage" will not show up much at the majors, except possibly having to lower competitive mins a little bit.
Exactly, no shortage, just redefined competitive minimums, no longer will you need "Two Logged Lunar Landings" to get an interview at UAL, the college degree will become preferred, a busted check ride on your CFI in 1987 will become a non-issue, and hiring ratio will go up to 1 out of 2 get the job offer.

Eagle hiring 15 pilots every 2 weeks (300-400 in 2013)
-20 senior pilots flow through to AA each month
-Less than 100 applicants in the pool......very high no show rate for interviews
- only 35% of those interviewed are hired, down from over 50% when pool had 500+

Training performance based on hours and background from 2011-2013
-500-800 total time excellent performance in class
-Previous 121-135 job....good performance
-Second career (former lawyer, architect, real estate, etc) poor performance
-900-1500 total time CFIs poorest performers of all

I'm still waiting for the shortage you predicted for 2012. Now we're in one now because Eagle (supposedly) has only 100 apps in their pool? Call me when Eagle has to park ONE jet for lack of pilots. Heck, call me when any regional has to park one jet.

Nice back handed attack of the 1500 hr rule. I guess the industry is doomed because they have to hire 1500 hour CFIs instead of 500 hr commercial pilots with the ink still wet on their certificates? Right.

Maybe if your industry and the regional airline industry got together and started treating their entry level pilots with respect, including paying a wage high enough to entice people into the profession instead of treating your pilots like crap, you wouldn't have to worry about a 1500 hr rule. Yes, yes. I know. Pilots from your airline have gone on to FedEx, Southwest, and the likes.

I'm still waiting for the shortage you predicted for 2012. Now we're in one now because Eagle (supposedly) has only 100 apps in their pool? Call me when Eagle has to park ONE jet for lack of pilots. Heck, call me when any regional has to park one jet.

Nice back handed attack of the 1500 hr rule. I guess the industry is doomed because they have to hire 1500 hour CFIs instead of 500 hr commercial pilots with the ink still wet on their certificates? Right.

Maybe if your industry and the regional airline industry got together and started treating their entry level pilots with respect, including paying a wage high enough to entice people into the profession instead of treating your pilots like crap, you wouldn't have to worry about a 1500 hr rule. Yes, yes. I know. Pilots from your airline have gone on to FedEx, Southwest, and the likes.

Pilotyip has been spouting the "impending" hiring boom for years/near decade on here.....

I haven't posted on this site in years, and I come back to see the same lines from him. It is quite amusing.

There is no shortage of pilots. There is a shortage of people willing to work for the peanuts these companies want to pay. Pay and benefits go up, "and they will come."

Last edited:
Eagle hiring 15 pilots every 2 weeks (300-400 in 2013)
-20 senior pilots flow through to AA each month
-Less than 100 applicants in the pool......very high no show rate for interviews
- only 35% of those interviewed are hired, down from over 50% when pool had 500+

Training performance based on hours and background from 2011-2013
-500-800 total time excellent performance in class
-Previous 121-135 job....good performance
-Second career (former lawyer, architect, real estate, etc) poor performance
-900-1500 total time CFIs poorest performers of all

Kit Darby??? Is that you? Any deals on glossy magazines with hiring info?

Totally agree. I picked up on that 1500 hour CFI supposedly doing badly as well. Full of crap.

Kit Darby??? Is that you? Any deals on glossy magazines with hiring info?
only passing along what was seen at the WATS conference

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back