Sign of the coming hiring boom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting!, source, link ect

WATS (World Airline Training Symposium) @ MCO, reported also Express Jet is losing 30 pilots a month and the no show rate for interviews and class date is increasing. All regional reported they have almost no pool to draw from. You might be able to pull this stuff from their web site

I remember being at the Job Fairs in the mid 90's all the majors said that had 12,000 applications on hand from qualified applicants, by 1999 those 12,000 had been hired and they were having trouble finding expereinced pilots.

Again this starts at the bottom. In 1996 no interview at AE unless you had 500 hours in the last year, by 2000 UAL was hiring without a college degree due to not being able to find experienced college grads. We will just watch and see what happens.

and who is Pinnacle going to get to come? If our union was smart, they would advertise just how bad of a contract we have and the fact that in 2015 we will be parking 100 aircraft. Advertise and let any applicant know that they could go elsewhere for better pay, better QOL, and a faster upgrade. Make Delta squirm and see how they react when they cannot fill the seats for all their 900's. They could try to let another regional fill those seats but I am sure that will be almost impossible unless they greatly increase the pay to fly them. Or, they could do something meaningful and make those 900's under the Delta certificate-that is the only way they will solve the problem of staffing will be solved.

and who is Pinnacle going to get to come? If our union was smart, they would advertise just how bad of a contract we have and the fact that in 2015 we will be parking 100 aircraft. Advertise and let any applicant know that they could go elsewhere for better pay, better QOL, and a faster upgrade. Make Delta squirm and see how they react when they cannot fill the seats for all their 900's. They could try to let another regional fill those seats but I am sure that will be almost impossible unless they greatly increase the pay to fly them. Or, they could do something meaningful and make those 900's under the Delta certificate-that is the only way they will solve the problem of staffing will be solved.

There will always be some clown willing to work for your wages, thus, they will fit right in at Pinnacle.

There will always be some clown willing to work for your wages, thus, they will fit right in at Pinnacle.
You have to start some place, building ME TJ time is a step in your career. You are not signing on for a ten year hitch. I know a lot of guys who got their start there and now work for FedEx, DAL, SWA etc.

It will take you approximately 10 years to get to a job that will allow you to start making QOL a goal in your job search. Pilots get hired at good places because they have Turbine PIC, you must build turbine PIC to have control over your career. You have to go wherever that job is that gets you turbine PIC. You stay in that job until you can get another job that gives you better turbine PIC, i.e. Bigger airplanes, Turbojet, 121, etc. It is called paying your dues everyone must do it. Some do it in the military, some do it at the regionals, and some do in the on-demand business. Everyone pays his or her dues.

RAH will need 10 new F/Os every 12 days come June, when the AE E175s start arriving. That's in addition to any other hiring we'll need to do. I don't know if that constitutes any kind of a boom, but it's better than nothing.

Don't forget that the pacific/Asia market is said 2 need 160,000 pilots over then next 10 years. I see a few headed there!

I believe many of us will continue to wait on the side lines because we have already been there and done it. Pay/benefits are everything even if acquiring these attributes requires working for a foreign carrier. I have absolutely no confidence in some US carriers paying a livable wages.

The lowest quality regionals and dirtbag charter operators will experience the largest problems getting pilots.

The "shortage" will not show up much at the majors, except possibly having to lower competitive mins a little bit.

Latest resources

Back