• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sick Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think that matters. What if you're a new-hire chick, and your boyfriend knocks you up and you're ready to pop that thing out in nine months? Then what?

Personal experience?

I had a airline I worked at which I won't name (MESABA) give me a hard time about a sick call. The CP(who was flying on a fake medical at the time) called me at home and gave me a hard time about calling in. I just told him I was sick, and if he wanted I would go to the Dr. I then told him if that wasn't enough we should call Oak city and see what they think about an airline wanting thier pilots to fly sick. Never had a problem again.

Question for you guys who have been around awhile. I just called in sick for the 3rd time in about 9 months (I'm still on probation and have legimately been sick). Just wondering if the company I'm at is going to look down on me during my probation ride for calling in sick and try to get rid of me?? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

WB22

It is a real sad day when an airline has people so afraid to call in sick that people are actually flying sick.

It is a real sad day when an airline has people so afraid to call in sick that people are actually flying sick.

We've been at that point for years my friend......

I don't think that matters. What if you're a new-hire chick, and your boyfriend knocks you up and you're ready to pop that thing out in nine months? Then what?

Coincidentally, We actually had that exact same occurence where I work. This girl showed up for new-hire class pregnant and went out FMLA. Funny thing is, she actually had another child with a different pilot (I know, not me) eight years later while employed with the same company.

I called in sick one time and got this response "You can't do that"!
Really? Well I am, so have a great day.:eek:

Latest resources

Back