Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wannabe22

Livin' The Dream
Question for you guys who have been around awhile. I just called in sick for the 3rd time in about 9 months (I'm still on probation and have legimately been sick). Just wondering if the company I'm at is going to look down on me during my probation ride for calling in sick and try to get rid of me?? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

WB22

In my experience lately, management kind of overlooks these small things when there are bigger issues at hand. Like when they can no longer attract enough rats to staff the break room.

I wouldnt worry about it, but documentation never hurts (notes from the doctor, statements from other crew members that can attest to you being sick, etc.) BUT I would seriously doubt that it would come up. If you need to call out sick then you call out sick. I know your on probation but you always have to do what is right for you. If you can get notes great, if not then dont think twice about it. Just be able to look your CP in the eye and explain it. I'm sure your fine.

Yeah, I agree with what was already said.

Don't stress over it.

If you went to the doctor, great. But really, don't worry about it.

d a m n, come to think of it....I not feeling too well myself. ;)

A few points...

First, what the heck is a "probation ride".

Second, at my company if they want a doctor's note they have to reimburse you for your doctor's visit. Consequentially I've never heard of the company asking for a doctor's note (it has probably happened in extreme cases, but I don't think three times in nine months qualifies as that).

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A company would be crazy to fire someone for being too sick, after putting $20,000 into your training.

Question for you guys who have been around awhile. I just called in sick for the 3rd time in about 9 months (I'm still on probation and have legimately been sick). Just wondering if the company I'm at is going to look down on me during my probation ride for calling in sick and try to get rid of me?? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

WB22

Just call in sick for your checkride.

Latest resources

Back