Shuttle/Republic Relations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
StarChecker said:
Ask the guys who got fired out of seniority after 9/11 if they wanted to thank him.

Oh, you mean the S5 MEC chairman? Yeah we don't know anything about that. And yes, If I have to take a furlough then it is to much to ask!!!

StuckInASaab said:
While I don't necessarily share SF340guys view of the training class, and I don't have a family like him, I do wish that the 747 would not have put so many delays on the arbitration process, thus allowing the current situation to exist.

For that reason, I do feel that maybe in a show of good faith, the 747 could sign an LOA allowing for the training to start on the saab guys, that they will be integrated somehow into the 747 list.

I would like to know what kind of delays the 747 are responsible for? We are being told that 264 was the reason for the delay in that you guys took so long to obtain council. Not sure who is telling the truth here, but I would like to hear the other side of the story and draw my own conclusions.

I am aware that Wayne H. contacted the arbitrator and 747 council felt this was a violation of the Allegheny-Mohawk LPPs and requested another individual to hear the case. Total delay because of this was less than two weeks. Is there other delays that we should be aware of?

I too have nothing against any Saab Shuttle employees. I look forward to you guys coming onboard. I hope the arbitrator rules quickly.

Personally I think it should be a relative position merge, eventhough I would benefit more with a DOH merge. I feel relative position is fair and equitable since everyone would remain at the same percentile post-merge as they were pre-merge.

FlyingDawg said:
I would like to know what kind of delays the 747 are responsible for? We are being told that 264 was the reason for the delay in that you guys took so long to obtain council. Not sure who is telling the truth here, but I would like to hear the other side of the story and draw my own conclusions.

Attn All Shuttle Saab drivers:

Lets stop this public debate please. In a week from now, after arbitration is over, then lets feel free to discuss whatever is on our minds in public. Cheers!

Cheeeezzzz!

Dorkness, thy name is Brandon...

Thats the most "stroke-thy-self" material I've ever seen, and I'm a Riddle Jack!!!

Furlough or not...the management's actions are still in violation of our CBA. Cut and dry. Black and white. Allowing them to blatantly disregard our...and soon to be yours...labor contract would violate everything that every union labor group has tried to stand for.

Either way...you know what's best for you and your family. Just be informed.

BusDriver12 said:
Not True, in a recent SA 170 class, half of them were 4 year independence drivers, some of them former FLY I captains. And the rest of them all had 121 experience. Not one was instructing. These guys are screaming the loudest cause they are going to get screwed the worst, I feel bad for these guys. they are getting screwed by these saab scum. and tense labor issue will be the result, i dont even want to think about it.

1. None of the guys from ACA that I have met are screaming at all. They realize there is no guarantee to a year and a half upgrade for them. They have all been an extremely professional group. So please don't tarnish their name. They also realize that there will be an integration and that the Shuttle guys will end up ahead of them on the list.

2. I have only seen the flight instructing FO's with a year ot the comapny make asses of themselves. They are 1 of the reasons that CHQ pilots have a bad name in the industry.

3. Watch who you call Saab scum and please review your history book. The senior CHQer's all flew the exact same airplanes that Shuttle is currently flying.

SF340Guy said:
Oh, you mean the S5 MEC chairman? Yeah we don't know anything about that. And yes, If I have to take a furlough then it is to much to ask!!!

So why can't the guys who went to Freedom, G J, etc. (you get my point) all use that same defense for their actions? Where does it end? You are clearly stating you applaud RAH management for blatantly violating a contract that was designed to avoid this very situation. SF340 guy, I am in no way comparing you or anyone at shuttle to G J or freedom or anything like that, but your attitude of "it's all about me" sounds exactly like that of anyone who ever tried to defend their actions while stabbing someone (or some other work group) in the back.

tyuwerty said:
2. I have only seen the flight instructing FO's with a year ot the comapny make asses of themselves. They are 1 of the reasons that CHQ pilots have a bad name in the industry.

3. Watch who you call Saab scum and please review your history book. The senior CHQer's all flew the exact same airplanes that Shuttle is currently flying.

Agreed 100%. Please know that the select few knuckleheads you are encountering here are the extreme minority enjoying the anonymity of the internet and you guys will be welcomed with open arms.....after the judge's decision...as per our CBA.

Seriously...welcome aboard.

The S5 mec chairman who got fired I guess after you read my post you know who it is. I know to some this is old news but you have to look at the history of Shuttle America to see what is going on today. I was at the meeting in LGA when the mesa -10% was going on. I was in D.C.A when we try to get a vote on J4J but we were told that it would hurt the CHQ group during there contract talks. I told the pilots and the union to watch were the 70 seat airplanes were going to and what would happen if Shuttle America got bought out. I was told by the union do not worry Shuttle America will never get jets. I ask what would happen to the pilot list if Shuttle America were to merge with another carrier the same thing Shuttle America will not get jets. I even spoke to Wexford about the 70 seat jet's spent a hour on the phone with them same answer Chq is a public held company no jets for Shuttle America. I even work on getting j4j at Shuttle America.

I cannot believe that this is going this far I read both contract (chq&Shuttle America) in fact Shuttle contract is the old Chq contract so both say if one company is bought out the pilot list will be merge by D.O.H. so some one please explain to me what is the problem.

I had to do my 6 month checkride and I guess you guy's and gals can take it from there. The union did nothing to help me so much for the union

StarChecker said:
Agreed 100%. Please know that the select few knuckleheads you are encountering here are the extreme minority enjoying the anonymity of the internet and you guys will be welcomed with open arms.....after the judge's decision...as per our CBA.

Seriously...welcome aboard.

Thank-you, it is nice to hear a voice of reason. Hopefully we will have the decision in a week and we can all move on the more important things. Two locals from the same union should never be pitted against each other like this.

Latest resources

Back