Shuttle/Republic Relations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tyuwerty said:
Thank-you, it is nice to hear a voice of reason. Hopefully we will have the decision in a week and we can all move on the more important things. Two locals from the same union should never be pitted against each other like this.

Pitting us against each other is exactly what Bedford and his Evil Henchmen have in mind. We need all of you guys next time negotiations come around.

I just hope that the idea of management integrating two seniority lists is as offensive to you guys as it is to us. It has nothing to do with where you guys end up...if the judge says all you guys are senior to me...then so be it. But I'll be dammed if Satan Heller will be the one to make that decision.

This should outrage everyone at every airline with a seniority list and a CBA.

These Shuttle Saab guys have no idea whats in store for them with Heller at the helm...

To say this early "he's doing the "right thing" for the saab guys" is more than scary.

Wayne Heller = Mr. Potter (It's a wonderful life)

saab340 said:
I cannot believe that this is going this far I read both contract (chq&Shuttle America) in fact Shuttle contract is the old Chq contract so both say if one company is bought out the pilot list will be merge by D.O.H. so some one please explain to me what is the problem.

You might want to read the CHQ contract again because it DOES NOT SAY DOH!

H. Successorship and Mergers

In the event of a merger of airline operations between the Company and another air carrier the Company will require, as a condition of any such operational merger that provisions be included requiring that the surviving carrier shall provide for fair and equitable integration of the pre-merger pilots’ seniority lists in accordance with Articles 3 and 13 of the Allegheny Mohawk LPPs.

I have included the Allegheny-Mohawk LPPs that relate to our contract, so one can reference them as they apply.

Section 3. Insofar as the merger affects the seniority rights of the carriers employees, provisions shall be made for the integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner, including, where applicable, agreement through collective bargaining between the carriers and the representatives of the employees affected. In the event of failure to agree, the dispute may be submitted by either party for adjustment in accordance with section 13.

Section 13. (a) In the event that any dispute or controversy (except as to matters arising under section 9) arises with respect to the protections provided herein which cannot be settle by the parties within 20 days after the controversy arises, it may be referred by any party to an arbitrator selected from a panel of seven names furnished by the National Mediation Board for consideration and determination. The parties shall select the arbitrator from such panel by alternatively striking names until only one remains, and he shall serve as arbitrator. Expedited hearings and decisions will be expected, and a decision shall be rendered within 90 days after the controversy arises, unless an extension of time it is mutually agreeable to all parties. The salary and expenses of the arbitrator shall be borne equally by the carrier and (i) the organization or organizations representing employee or employees or (ii) if unrepresented, the employee or employees or group or groups of employees. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties.

(b.) The above condition shall not apply if the parties by mutual agreement determine that an alternative method for dispute settlement or an alternative procedure for selection of an arbitrator is appropriate in their particular dispute. No party shall be excused from complying with the above condition by reason of having suggested an alternative method or procedure unless and until that alternative method or procedure shall have been agreed to by all parties.

freeflyer14 said:
So why can't the guys who went to Freedom, G J, etc. (you get my point) all use that same defense for their actions? Where does it end? You are clearly stating you applaud RAH management for blatantly violating a contract that was designed to avoid this very situation. SF340 guy, I am in no way comparing you or anyone at shuttle to G J or freedom or anything like that, but your attitude of "it's all about me" sounds exactly like that of anyone who ever tried to defend their actions while stabbing someone (or some other work group) in the back.

EXCELLENT POST!!!

Anyone at Shuttle care to respond?

godsgift2aviatn said:
Nope........We'll let the arbitrator speak for us. Have a great day!

Dude, not many people on the Shuttle A-list (which you'll be know as at CHQ) will affect my seniority. I'm just curious how you justify taking training dates when it is against the RAH contract we have with management?

Have fun working here, A-lister. It will be hell if these actions continue.

So CHQ's scope covers all aircraft operated by RAH and Shuttle's scope covers all aircraft operated by Shuttle America. I can't seem to find the scope that talks about all pilots trained in indoc, can someone please point that out so I can understand how these guys are accepting illegal class dates?

Also, just out of curiosity, using the same logic we are illegally flying the Saab's...why are you ok with that?

godsgift2aviatn said:
Nope........We'll let the arbitrator speak for us. Have a great day!

Actually your council will speak for you and the arbitrator will be listening. Afterwards he makes the decision.

selected exerpts: in context; just to clarify

Axel said:
...There is a faction of junior guys at RAH who have been yelling "STAPLE!!!" since day one for all to hear, claiming that anything else will delay their upgrade... the guys screaming the loudest were instructing in Seminoles (figuratively speaking) this time last year...

... They are a minority, but they are making so much noise that noone sees anything else. Their public willingness to climb on the backs of others (MAA and SA) in order to advance is seriously annoying a lot of people both within their own group and beyond...

To: Shuttle America and Chautauqua crews

The public display of internal disputes needs to stop.

I ask that both parties refrain from making anymore statements regarding this matter. Let the facts, history, and convictions be heard at the proper jurisdication.

An exposure of internal disputes can only bring more harm and escalate an even more fragile relationship between the 2 pilot groups. The more you post the Wh's and How's here and raised your own personal speculation and delibration can only increase the animosity between us all.

There are many facts and informations that are being witheld by both MEC for reason like this and more. Let them deliberate this through proper channels and go from there.

Do not stoop so low to harm your fraternal brother's and sisters and put harm to your future family!

Latest resources

Back