• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America 170 and CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hence why i asked the question. From the picture it appeared in decent shape all things considered. I never said the plane was flyable i merely thought it was repairable. thanks for clarifying.

looking at the shots from the air on CNN, the RH engine nacelle looks a bit twisted. that bird will be in a hangar for a while. i'm glad everyone's OK, but it seems strange that with what was known about the WX, the GS OTS and the runway length/conditions, why was the approach or landing ever attepted?

looking at the shots from the air on CNN, the RH engine nacelle looks a bit twisted. that bird will be in a hangar for a while. i'm glad everyone's OK, but it seems strange that with what was known about the WX, the GS OTS and the runway length/conditions, why was the approach or landing ever attepted?

Was the GS OTS when they shot the approach, or did they take out the antenna after/as they went off the runway?

-Blucher

Was the GS OTS when they shot the approach, or did they take out the antenna after/as they went off the runway?

-Blucher

glide wasnt OTS, it was operational but due to snow it was not giving the advertised glidepath. This notam was in effect:

!FDC 7/3107 (KCLE A0785/07) CLE FI/T CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL, CLEVELAND, OH. ILS RWY 28, AMDT 22.... DUE TO EFFECTS OF SNOW ON THE GLIDE SLOPE MINIMUMS TEMPORARILY RAISED TO LOCALIZER ONLY FOR ALL CATEGORY AIRCRAFT. GLIDE SLOPE REMAINS IN SERVICE. HOWEVER, ANGLE MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN PUBLISHED.

they were however clearing people for the 'ils 28 no glideslope' approach. This was on sat, the day before this incident, so they didnt cause it. They did however take out the localizer array.

Latest resources

Back