• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America 170 and CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's IMAGE what that squall looked like as it blew over my place. What do you think the vis is in this pic, about a quarter mile IMO..

Thats 2 they effed up over there, one into IAD because some little turd overrode the gear handle. And now we get SJS jr. the wonder pilot saying hey it ain't that bad let shoot it,we got FMS and the chinese glide slope.

Thats 2 they effed up over there, one into IAD because some little turd overrode the gear handle. And now we get SJS jr. the wonder pilot saying hey it ain't that bad let shoot it,we got FMS and the chinese glide slope.

what happened in IAD? I remember something about a 170 with gear trouble landing there.

you are clueless, these 2 had more experience than whats in 90 percent of todays regional cockpits.

every single person reading this has landed in conditions, when viewed in retrospect, could be viewed as dangerous.

so please stop this nonsense and thank god it wasnt you, cause you could be next, no matter how smart you think you are.

what happened in IAD? I remember something about a 170 with gear trouble landing there.

The gear wouldn't come up when they left IAH (I think), so they pressed the override button - gear came up. When they reached IAD, the nose gear wouldn't come down! THEN Embraer came out with a memo stating "don't use the red button".
Bottom line, crew was exonerated.

EXCO chairman says that there is more to this (CLE) than is being told. Union lawyers and safety committee peeps all over it! I don't know the crew, looked it the pairings, but not sure which flight was involved - one has a CKA flying the flight, the others I don't know.

you are clueless, these 2 had more experience than whats in 90 percent of todays regional cockpits.

every single person reading this has landed in conditions, when viewed in retrospect, could be viewed as dangerous.

so please stop this nonsense and thank god it wasnt you, cause you could be next, no matter how smart you think you are.

Whats that 2000 hrs combined?

Glad to hear no one got hurt. Could have been anyone one of us. Continental landed before them I believe and reported braking action fair-good.

If I heard that while being right behind them on the approach, that would make me continue(also other factors). I wish this upon no one :(

I wonder what the "spin" is as was mentioned

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back