Shutdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
Who the h%ll said I was trying to be helpful ? The militant wing of your union burned the bridge with me and hundreds of others when they started with the scab-list threat for the 135 sell-off flights.

Well, sour grapes seems to sum it all up....

Originally Posted by dsptchrNJA

A couple weeks ago someone gave up asking how much you are asking for after repeating his question several times - no one would answer.

NBAA pay. NJ is an NBAA member. Just want what other NBAA companies pay their pilots. Look it up.

Would be like Walmart employees asking for CostCo pay.

I heard that Bridgeway Bob said , "Picketing MAY be likely.... "

Last edited:
acaTerry said:
Pilot pay is now at a nearly all time low. Dollar for dollar, throughout the industry we are making less now than we were 20 years ago.
NetJets' problems are not pilot induced---ask the owners. QUOTE]

Until you get people to refuse to PFT and not work for sub standard wages such as the regionals and even NJA, cargo or any other flying job, you will never stop seeing low wages for pilots. If anyone thinks that they will see the money pilots were making 20 years ago or even pre 9/11, they are sadly mistaken. While there are still good paying flying jobs out there, the reality is unfortunately the reality. You see people posting on here all the time stating that pilots are "whores" and they are right.

acaTerry said:
Well, sour grapes seems to sum it all up....

I think, my spelling bee winner, that 'sour grapes' refers to someone who wanted something, was unable to obtain it, and then says he didn't want it in the first place. If he had tried to get a job with NetJets, or if he was trying to get sell-offs and couldn't, and was now saying they're things he never really wanted anyway and was putting them down for that reason, then, perhaps you would call it 'sour grapes'. What is happening hear might be retribution or holding a grudge.

Thanks for coming to class.

Ace

FalconPilot69 said:
acaTerry said:
Pilot pay is now at a nearly all time low. Dollar for dollar, throughout the industry we are making less now than we were 20 years ago.
NetJets' problems are not pilot induced---ask the owners. QUOTE]

Until you get people to refuse to PFT and not work for sub standard wages such as the regionals and even NJA, cargo or any other flying job, you will never stop seeing low wages for pilots. If anyone thinks that they will see the money pilots were making 20 years ago or even pre 9/11, they are sadly mistaken. While there are still good paying flying jobs out there, the reality is unfortunately the reality. You see people posting on here all the time stating that pilots are "whores" and they are right.

Falcon,

This brings up an interesting quandary. I have seen this argument, especially on this board, for over five years.

How do you keep people trying to break into this industry to refuse sub standard wages? I think most of us in the beginning had to settle for a sub standard wage just to get our hours unless you came out of the military and jumped into the right seat of a major.

Am I wrong about this? If anyone has any exceptions please post them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back