Shutdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hogprint said:
How did this autocratic style of leadership work for you? Did you keep quality personnel this way?

I see some parallels.

Hog - I find it ironic that someone like yourself, who came from a military background, would try to complain about the effectiveness of an autocratic leadership style....

FamilyGuy said:
Hog - I find it ironic that someone like yourself, who came from a military background, would try to complain about the effectiveness of an autocratic leadership style....

Just asking a question. I did not mean to impugn B200.

I ment to make a parallel to some of our managers. I agree, an autocratic style is very effective in certain units and should be avoided in some others.

I have personally found it is not very effective for an aviation company/units. It seemed it worked for B200.

I will not cast stones as I've never run a company on my own.

FamilyGuy said:

Are you comparing the effectiveness of an autocratic leadership style like the military to that of corporate America??? The job of the military is wage war. The job of a corporation is to make money. There are many ways to do both and many ways to lead. The goal is NOT the same. That being said....
One way to lead and promote great efficiency is to create good morale. Having been in the military myself, I must tell you that those units that had good morale operated much more effectively. I've seen both.. units that have terrible morale due to poor leadership and units with good leadership fostering good morale. Now, in which units do you think had the hardest working soldiers? Which soldiers had an "I don't give a crap" attitude?? I'll give you one guess....

hydrarkt said:
Are you comparing the effectiveness of an autocratic leadership style like the military to that of corporate America??? The job of the military is wage war. The job of a corporation is to make money. There are many ways to do both and many ways to lead. The goal is NOT the same. That being said....
One way to lead and promote great efficiency is to create good morale. Having been in the military myself, I must tell you that those units that had good morale operated much more effectively. I've seen both.. units that have terrible morale due to poor leadership and units with good leadership fostering good morale. Now, in which units do you think had the hardest working soldiers? Which soldiers had an "I don't give a crap" attitude?? I'll give you one guess....

The mistake you are making is you are assuming the two are mutually exclusive.

They are not.

I've seen autocratic leaders that are extremely effective and their units had great morale.

I've also seen the opposite.

BE200Driver said:
Because THEY are Management. It is their company and you work for them. Very simply principle here.
You might want to read the whole discussion before taking one sentence completely out of context and replying to it. Here's what you missed:
dukeofdub said:
The Union has the ability to bring this to a close tomorrow. The questions is, when will Union bring it to a close? Management has solid proposals on the table. And don't forget that the last TA, the one voted down was called the richest in the aviation industry in recent years by the head of the IBT Airline division. So lets get back to being realistic and when is the Union going to bring this to a close?

So he's saying that because management has an offer on the table, we should just accept that offer. Then I replied:
Ultra Grump said:
So do we (have an offer on the table). So why doesn't management accept it? Just because a proposal is on the table, doesn't mean it's acceptable or "solid" to the other side. That's why there are "negotiations."
"So why doesn't management accept it" was a rhetorical question posed in response to a rather simple-minded post. Understand now? And why are you here and why do you care? No King Airs here. Run along.

You guys are bringing it to a public board, not me. Toughen up.

Latest resources

Back