• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I fly for this guy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a guy like this at my last job... really close to same scenario wonder if it is him? Was so despised by the CFIs they turned down turbine time because of the way he treated them on charters. Got busted for going fishing and making the custimers wait for him during a trip... got laid off when charter department was cut and kept coming back to the biz to use the copy machine, computers, hang around etc. kept his boat on airport property even though he'd been fired from biz... but he some how got hired at a frac (had a buddy at one) said he knew he didn't have any friends but that was everyone else prob not his

When did Mike get a KA200?

Sorry I know this thread is old. Groundpounder what ever happened with this guy?

personally I'd do it. I agree with him on looking professional at everything you do. The rolex part is a joke but dressing up is a good thing. It kinda makes you act more professional too. Dress the part, be the part. Anywho the main reason the other guys might have had problems is because they were too busy "yes sir, yes sir" at the beginning to actually establish anykind of rules. Before I did anything I'd ask him to explain what kind of performance he was expecting out of me. Kinda like setting up a PTS so if you do it later he can't say anything. Then I'd ask why other people and him have had issues. Never hurts. I think you and him establishing how things are going to be on the ground will be much more benificial. I've had a very dick flight instructor who I flat out sat down and told him how it was going to be or i'd find another one. We've made excellent progress since. I think he respected me more for it.

give it a shot, as long as he is paying you....something (meals, hotel room, etc...while on trips). It has been my experience a lot of people will try to rain on your parade if something out of the ordinary is offered to you, only one way to find out if he sucks. On the other hand if he wants you to keep his place clean for right seat time in a KA200 thats you paying him for time in that seat that you may or may not be able to log....atleast when scum do PFT you can log the time. As for looking professional, the bottom line is when people get on an airplane and catch a glimpse of the capt and FO they want to trust you from what you look like. Even as a pilot I was on an ASA flight and had some young female FO with a pink fuzzy cell phone holder on her hip....not too professional. This guy could very well just be praying on young freshly minted commercial pilots willing to do anything to fly, so watch out. But dont shoot this oppertunity in the foot yet, feel it out...good luck

AAAAAAhaaaaaa!

Turbo has accidently stumbled upon the cause of the Greek airline crash!!

Well done my friend.

W

TurboS7 said:
Pilot don't have goatees for only one reason. The O2 mask will not fit tight, the reason that the airlines and FAA frown on it. Many European Airlines allow facial hair, I am sure the US will follow. You should've seen me when I was flying the bush, mice used to hide in my facial hair, the little white ones. FXE--yikes---that airport is only 2.0 miles from my house.

Does his last name start with an H?

701EV

Latest resources

Back