Short of mins for SWA, Fed ex, UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACAFool

I was hired at my current job with less than 1000pic. I fell short by around 150 hrs. Upgrade is no where in site. I would like to have the option to apply at SWA, UPS, Fedex when they start hiring again. Any suggestions? My current employer requires us to report any other flying we do commercially to them.

I was hired at my current job with less than 1000pic. I fell short by around 150 hrs. Upgrade is no where in site. I would like to have the option to apply at SWA, UPS, Fedex when they start hiring again. Any suggestions? My current employer requires us to report any other flying we do commercially to them.

Join a Guard/Reserve unit? What the unit flies (single seat vs crew) will dramatically affect how quickly you can get the 150 pic.

Go fly skydivers in a caravan for free on the weekends for a couple months. Your company only requires you to tell them about flying that would interfere with FARs. Flying for free means your Part 91.

Plus you'd have a hell of a story to tell the Southwest recruiters.

Gup

It is going to be a long time until FedEx hires again. Very few are leaviing at 60 and over 60 FEs coming back to a window seat are causing backwards movement. The suits are saying no hiring for a couple years - I'd day at least that. Its a triple whammy - weak economy, trading 3-seat aircraft for 2-seat aircraft, and geezers excessing us out of seats. I just saw where about 5 of my favorite 727 Captains are heading back to the right seat.

In the words of Jake Blues: "Well then... I guess you're really up $h!t Creek".

Seriously, go fly jumpers for free. I mean, it's not like you're working for GO!...right? TC

Short of leaving your current gig for a direct-hire captain gig in a 135 type of thing, i.e. Lear, King Air, etc., you may be stuck.

Pardon my ignorance, but we are talking turbine PIC that you need, correct?

Just making sure I'm not high. ;)

Latest resources

Back