• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Eccos I had were horrible. Rubbed my heels to blisters within minutes. Florsheims are great, no beeps, and are often on sale for about $70 at many dept stores.

Here's another tip. Buy the shoes, then go to the airport with them in the box. Put them on just outside TSA then walk thru. If they beep, you haven't scuffed up the bottoms and can take them back.

I have to go w/ Rockports. I'm a big guy and rough on shoes. My Deer Stags lasted around 7 months or so and were in shambles after. The lining on the inside was seperating from the leather part. There cheap and comfortable as well. Rockports on the other hand are a few dollars more, I have 2 different pair of airport friendly ROckports and after 2 plus yrs they are in descent shape.

They are pricey but Johnson and Murphy makes airport friendly shoes. I have never had an issue going through security with them. I'm also pretty tough on shoes and they hold up really well. They are definately worth the money.

Allen Edmonds, they don't set of the alarm either. And the best part is they are real shoes with real leather with real soles that take a real shine and don't look like the "dork" shoes so many other airport friendly ones do. Looking at a lot of pilots and their shoes its a wonder any of us get laid at all.

I had some Rockports once and was getting them shined and they weren't shining to well and the guy said "these are Rockports right?" I said yes and then he said "thats why they don't shine, they're not real leather."

Last edited:
Dr. Martens worked well for me. No slipping on the glycol and no need to remove them to walk through the metal detector. Plus after the second day they were very comfortable.

I have Soft Stags $29.99 from J.C. Penney outlet store. Airport safe shoes.
No problem at the airport. No metal plate or go to Google and search for "Airport Safe Shoes"

Hutchman said:
Deer Stags at DSW. $40. Airport friendly. I am on year 3 with them so far.

bought em on sale also. Comfortable, TSA safe, waiting to see how long they last.

mannyaplus11 said:
Go to www.zappos.com, click on airport friendly. I got a pair of Bostonians for 100$, never set off any machines.
I'll second the Bostonians. They have a line called the "non stops"...no metal and they're waterproof. I've had mine for over a year, and they're the most comfortable slip-ons I've ever owned.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back