Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-5 MEM

Looking for a good type of shoes that can be user friendly going through airport screening. Anyone have a good shoe?

C-5

Ecco's. They're expensive and worth every penny. I suggest the "City" model. Very basic. Great leather and great comfort. Non-metal shanks. I've actually watched mine go through the x-ray machine--nothing there.

I found mine on eBay for a little less than 1/2 the retail price. $225 retail. I paid ~$100.

I have Sears Wonderlite shoes. Very comfortable, no metal, only $49. Comes in a loafer and lace-up. FWIW......You can catch them on sale for $39.

Gotta second the recommendation for the Eccos. They last FOREVER, the soles are built like iron, they don't set of the mouth-breather's machine, and are cut like a military oxford and shine nicely. (Imagine the same pattern as your coraframs but in nice leather.)

I've got 1700 hours of flying, assorted commuting and deadheading in the last two years on mine, they still look almost brand new.

Eccos. Spend the bucks. Paid a buck fifty for mine and after almost 2 years the soles look absolutely like new.

Gup

Another vote for the Ecco's. I'm on my second pair The first pair lasted 4 years and are still servicable. The only reason I bought the second pair is because I stumbled across them on sale for $45 at Macy's (reg retail about $150). Most comfortable dress shoes I've ever worn and they are very light. Worth every penny. I'll never buy anything else.

Last edited:
ditto ecco, 2 years and counting, still looking new.

I haven't tried the Ecco's, but my Rockport Dressports are light, waterproof, and TSA friendly.

Latest resources

Back