Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
clueless!

kngarthur said:
Why do you people act like the "new CFI" destroyed the industry? The mainline guys destroyed it by taking concessions

I can see by your lack of experience you have a LOT to learn.

O.K., in an effort to make sure the blame is properly placed here I go again... For those who do blame the CFI, I think it's prudent to remind those that the mainline unions DID goof that one up. RJ's NEVER should have been scoped out to the regionals. By doing so ALPA (and APA, etc..) essential entrusted our profession's future to the SJS infected CFI's. To use a quote from A Few Good Men, the rest of this arguement ids just, "smoke filled, coffee house crap..."

h25b said:
O.K., in an effort to make sure the blame is properly placed here I go again... For those who do blame the CFI, I think it's prudent to remind those that the mainline unions DID goof that one up. RJ's NEVER should have been scoped out to the regionals. By doing so ALPA (and APA, etc..) essential entrusted our profession's future to the SJS infected CFI's. To use a quote from A Few Good Men, the rest of this arguement ids just, "smoke filled, coffee house crap..."

Agreed, was it the regional pilots who "killed" the industry, or just the RJ's in general? It would be interesting to see this "SJS" if the regionals were still mostly turbo-props.

Hey somebody needs to throw some wax on my Jet, none I've flown are "shiny".

Maybe with the new paintjob, Ohh, I can't wait....

All due respect H25B -- i've never met a major airline pilot who didn't admit (and bemoan) the fact that ALPA dropped that particular ball.

Show me an airline pilot who believes that outsourcing jets was a good idea, and i'll show you a pilot who is probably real close to retirement.

FurloughedAgain said:
All due respect H25B -- i've never met a major airline pilot who didn't admit (and bemoan) the fact that ALPA dropped that particular ball.

Show me an airline pilot who believes that outsourcing jets was a good idea, and i'll show you a pilot who is probably real close to retirement.

I don't think we disagree... And you're right any clear thinking major airline pilot with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight should admit that screw up. As for SJS, it is a definate problem and any young regional airline pilot should realize while rooting for additional EMB-170/190's they are in fact limiting their overall career earning potential.

Center of Universe

Hey, FDJ2, was this your wife that posted article in Peachtree City Newspaper another day, saying that the city owes it's existence to Delta pilots and their families and now, during difficult times, all businesses should offer discounts to Delta families?

True story.

kngarthur said:
Why do you people act like the "new CFI" destroyed the industry? The mainline guys destroyed it by taking concessions

Because we were threatened by the growing RJ population.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree 100%.

The RJs and ALPA have been the root CAUSE of SJS. It has grown due to unrealistic career expectations sold by flight schools and Kit Darby.

It is sustained by pilots who lack the patience to build experience before jumping into a high performance jet.

...but the destructive force of SJS stems from the regional-jet pilots who are willing to sacrafice their own futures, in order to acquire larger airplanes "today".

In essence, they would rather "PLAY" major airline pilot today -- then interview and BECOME a major airline pilot tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back