Shares Pilots taking overtime with 100 on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

100 furloughs already gone or soon to be and the company has figured out they are short pilots (due to this and all the retraining going on) so they offer OT and their are actually senior guys taking it! WTF

Both guys I know of over 60 very senior prior airline idiots!

Thanks guys, for you Shares guys still working you need to have a word with these wonderful human beings.......NO OT TILL WE ARE ALL BACK!!!

Same old story everywhere!!! You are gonna have people taking the opportunity to make a few extra bucks. Sad, but true. It's all about making the "green".

I met up with one of your "retired" airline guys - ex-United, I believe - in LA a few weeks back. He was rather happy that the company called him out early - and often - for OT. Said his wife liked getting him out of the house. I wonder if he had the same laissez-faire attitude about the "B" scale guys back in mid-80's. I'd guess not.

Same old story everywhere!!! You are gonna have people taking the opportunity to make a few extra bucks. Sad, but true. It's all about making the "green".

You're right. From the CEO to the most Junior pilot put a few dollars in the middle and watch people screw each other over. At the same time I don't blame them. I would do it as well to have extra money in the savings account for when I get furloughed!

In my opinion, staffing for a fractional company is different from an airline. Airlines can enlarge and shrink their schedules at will and accurately predict what the crew demands will be. At a fractional company, just like a corporate flight department, the peaks and valleys of schedules is more difficult to predict. Occasional OT may be available just like some corporate flight departments use day hire pilots to fill busy times. When the schedule picks up and stays up, OT becomes expensive and pilots WILL BE RECALLED!!

I know pilots taking OT is a bitter pill for many when we have others looking for work. So what are out options, recall a pilot for one tour and then furlough the person again? Thats not very fair to the individual, but the airlines do it all the time.

And for you guys saying "shut em down" and "flat tires" I hope you don't work here. All that will do is have all of us out of jobs.

We have some smart cookies running this place up top. We'll be ok and the pilots will eventually be recalled. We are in uncharted waters. The recent cuts have been very painful for everyone here. The only way we will get everyone back is to pull together.

Ok........flame away.

I think your missing the point spaceballs. This is about principle not if one guy gets recalled for one week. Some still haven't learned this simple lesson yet, only pilots look out for pilots. When one or a few choose to line their on pockets with a few dollars while others struggle to pay their bills on unemployment comp, we all lose. Pro union or not, sometime, somehwere in this goffed up world, principle should trump all other factors. In our industry, this is near the top of the list.

Or if you wish, I can take my 10,000 hours to your employers door and tell them I'll work for half of what you get paid. Why don't we all? Not a fun scenario is it?

Further if nobody took overtime, I'm quite sure there would be several pilots PER FLEET that would get their jobs back or re-upgrade.

"The only way we will get everyone back is to pull together."

If you only understood your own words...,

Latest resources

Back