SF-340 Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not an issue because it's not true

It is when the airplane you are flying is being phased out and you have to sit right seat in whatever airplane you transition to before you are eligible to upgrade.

Chief Pilot, who has always been honest about this kind of thing, sent out an email to all Lead Pilots today. THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THIS AT ALL. He admits that street captains may be necessary in the future (as it is with quick sporadic growth and unqualified internal candidates) but they aren't there right now and don't anticipate even needing to consider it for a long while.

IF it does become necessary, it's not a bad thing. I know as an FO waiting you think you are ready, but trust management and those of us who have been there. When you don't meet the company mins, that means you haven't been on the aircraft that long, you may be set up to fail. Something the company and you shouldn't want. So be patient. They do have your interests in mind too. Whether you believe it or not.

Yes you know I called Tom today about the Climbto350 thing and we spoke. It is not a real add, or not done correctly. I am glad he sent out an email about the issue. O well!

J

Ps. Crw has I think some Captain positions opening up if you all want it!
Also, any word on Pit-- how many airplanes? Lines?

It's a Non-Issue! Even if it does come true...did the company sign anything guaranteeing your upgrade or protecting you from a situation like this? If not, man-it-up and deal with it. Does it suck? Yes. Oh well, you don't get your upgrade in 10-12 months, or 2.5 years for that matter. Suck it up.

Unnecessarily upsetting people?!?!?!?! Myself and 14 other Beech FOs will be FURIOUS if Colgan hires Street Captains again for the Beech while they have us on property.

Why would we stay around when Republic and Skywest are hiring? The Beech FOs at Colgan can be a Bro Captain at Skywest in 6 months with our times.

You're gonna upgrade in less than 6 months. And still don't let the door hit you in the @ss. :)

Latest resources

Back