• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SF-340 Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So relax.... go bang your hot girlfriend or someone else's hot girlfriend. Never stress what you hear and only some of what you see.

And people were saying 15 minutes before the announced sale that it was all a flightinfo hoax. There is SOME truth to these boards, which P2J showed with the link to the street captain job posting.

Last edited:
So why is it when it is good news everyone says "until I see it, I won't believe it". But when it is negative news, everyone assumes it is true.

That is true ifly34 yet in this case I was told about, then found it on Climbto350 then posted it. So I guess we have to believe it --right?
If it sounds like a duck it is a duck!

I guess it all depends on who told you and how much faith you have in climbto350 ads. ;)

I'm still in the old school "I'll believe it when they're in class" way of thinking.

Read the ad a little more comprehensively and THINK!

Hey I am not lying. Go on to climbto350.com and c for yourself

Colgan Air - Hiring B-1900 & Saab 340 Captains & First Officers
* Hiring Saab 340 First Officers "ON THE SPOT"

Why do you assume the worst? It is a badly written ad but when you take the information you know about the company's situation and then read the ad, you know that they are probably hiring 1900 CA off the street. There is NO reason to hire SAAB CA off street. They never even have any open pairings there are so many captains. I haven't been able to pick up time in the SAAB in months.

So stop spreading negative BS. Colgan only hires off the street when it is necessary and they're not even close to needing to do that right now.

" So stop spreading negative BS"

O yes sir and where do you get your facts from? I just copied and pasted pal so if you want to call it BS then fine.

" So stop spreading negative BS"

O yes sir and where do you get your facts from? I just copied and pasted pal so if you want to call it BS then fine.

Exactly and then drew conclusions without READING it carefully and THINKING. Something if you did a little more of you wouldn't be spreading false information (IE making the thread title SF340 CAPTAINS and omitting the B1900 part, which is really what should be tied to the Captain part) and unnecessarily upsetting people.

Last edited:
Exactly and then drew conclusions without READING it carefully and THINKING. Something if you did a little more of you wouldn't be spreading false information (IE making the thread title SF340 CAPTAINS and omitting the B1900 part, which is really what should be tied to the Captain part) and unnecessarily upsetting people.

Unnecessarily upsetting people?!?!?!?! Myself and 14 other Beech FOs will be FURIOUS if Colgan hires Street Captains again for the Beech while they have us on property.

Why would we stay around when Republic and Skywest are hiring? The Beech FOs at Colgan can be a Bro Captain at Skywest in 6 months with our times.

Unnecessarily upsetting people?!?!?!?! Myself and 14 other Beech FOs will be FURIOUS if Colgan hires Street Captains again for the Beech while they have us on property.

Why would we stay around when Republic and Skywest are hiring? The Beech FOs at Colgan can be a Bro Captain at Skywest in 6 months with our times.

Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out. :)

Is it that big of an issue? You guys will still hold your seniority over the street hires won't you? Maybe you can make a case to the CP to upgrade the current FO's if they're close enough to the mins OR put it in writing that when you do hit the mins, you automatically go through upgrade. Colgan sounds like a small enough airline where they can still work with you. Then again ,I could be wrong. Maybe CAPA needs to step in

Latest resources

Back