• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SF-340 Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looked at climb to 350.com. It says F.O.'s only and no mention of CA. Further more proof this website is full of B.S. I'm possibly out for good.

I think the ad was just worded incorrectly which isnt too hard to see. I remember how bad the manuals were written. I believe it is SF340 & BE1900 FOs and BE1900 street captains. I think there arent enough Beech FOs with upgrade time but even that is hard to believe. Captains arent the problem. They have had more than enough captains for quite some time since growth slowed. There is no reason for them to hire Saab captains. Last I remembered there was a few that left that want to come back and would as captains but they need to hire FOs and train them. One bad thing is that they are so fat on captains that they can probably hold off on upgrades to run a few new hire classes through and just work the captains a bit harder like they did when CO and UA deals were signed in 05. Q400 will be all out of house training. Probably in Seattle FS. I dont think people need to start twisting just yet. They will hire street captains but only when they absolutely need them. The new Saabs arent pouring in like they did with CEX so there is no great push for crews. They have enough captains sitting on bottom of lists at some bases to cover. So relax.... go bang your hot girlfriend or someone else's hot girlfriend. Never stress what you hear and only some of what you see.

You can have all the protections in the world, but if the company is short staffed, you are still going to get junior manned or have street captains hired. period

I don't know of any Union pilot contracts in the US that allow the offering of vacancies in anything but seniority order. I'd be pretty pissed if the company I worked for hired off the street instead of awarding promotions to those within first.

I think the add is addressing future needs when they pull 40 captains off the line and get to the end of the qualified fo's list. keep in mind many new hires only have 600 hours and it will be a long time before they upgrade.

its not the website, or the forum, its the idiots who open their mouths before they think. They are the same ones you should not listen to in the flight deck or crew room! Seriously, I do not beleive anyting in here until its verified by another source. I will list these things......9E getting 900's for delta, NWA parking X number of planes when all their flights are full with a profit being made, an airline hiring street captains is a good thing, and whatever Your Pilot friend posts......and Occams Razor......enough said

I think the ad was just worded incorrectly which isnt too hard to see. I remember how bad the manuals were written. I believe it is SF340 & BE1900 FOs and BE1900 street captains. I think there arent enough Beech FOs with upgrade time but even that is hard to believe. Captains arent the problem. They have had more than enough captains for quite some time since growth slowed. There is no reason for them to hire Saab captains. Last I remembered there was a few that left that want to come back and would as captains but they need to hire FOs and train them. One bad thing is that they are so fat on captains that they can probably hold off on upgrades to run a few new hire classes through and just work the captains a bit harder like they did when CO and UA deals were signed in 05. Q400 will be all out of house training. Probably in Seattle FS. I dont think people need to start twisting just yet. They will hire street captains but only when they absolutely need them. The new Saabs arent pouring in like they did with CEX so there is no great push for crews. They have enough captains sitting on bottom of lists at some bases to cover. So relax.... go bang your hot girlfriend or someone else's hot girlfriend. Never stress what you hear and only some of what you see.

Coolside, there are about 15 Beech FOs who meet the upgrade mins, some have over 1500 hours in the airplane. Do you still work for Colgan?

Latest resources

Back