• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SF-340 Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that the problem is the lack of F/Os, and the requirement to have enough on hand to begin operating the new WV service with the additional SAABs coming on-line. It was unrealistic on Colgan's part to think that they were going to recruit and train enough F/Os between 01 Jan and 01 May. The circumstances are similar to what happened when Colgan stood up the Continental Connection operation in IAH. Couple this with the requirement to begin a training program for the Q-400, Colgan once again finds itself in a manpower crunch. However, history has shown that management has no qualms about doing what is expedient vs. what is ethical and fair.

I think I found it on yahoo pics, don't remember. It's fitting for this place!

I'm not touching that one, she makes my schedule!

I think the sim is our bottleneck right now. We can't run upgrades and newhires at the same time. I hope they uncrate that other sim soon. THere are probably 40+ saab FO's with the required time to upgrade right now. I'm 60 numbers back from the guys going to upgrade this month, and I'm only 200 hrs below the upgrade mins. They just helped slow attrition and raise morale by giving a nice 2nd yr pay raise. That ad has been on that site for quite some time. I asked Mike and TB that exact question 2 weeks ago and they said it would be a last resort and I believe them. THey know there are good FO's out there ready to upgrade. I wouldn't put any weight on it.

Last edited:
Colgan is hiring street captains.... Great news for all the 2 year FOs!

I am sorry Prop2Jet, I see now that you're right.

It's sad that they do that. I still remember TB saying that street CA is the last thing they want to do.

Oh well, I guess they changed their mind...

Last edited:
Hey I am not lying. Go on to climbto350.com and c for yourself

Colgan Air - Hiring B-1900 & Saab 340 Captains & First Officers
* Hiring Saab 340 First Officers "ON THE SPOT"

The point is I guess we dont have enough Captains.... that sucks. O well Just better not jump the line.

Latest resources

Back