seriously why cant i get a call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OI812 said:
i know first of all i need patients, and my hours are not much to brag over.

1050 total
120 multi

i have sent resumes out to ASA, PSA and Airwis.
everyone i see with comparable hours is getting the call is there something im missing. Or do i need to be more patient.

other expierineces on top of flight time is 9 years military(non aviation) is that a negative or positive.

any good advice would be appriciated

1050 total. If 50 hours is a big deal to you maybe you should reconsider how ready you are to fly an airplane with 70 people in the back.

I have about the same amount of time as you 100 of that time multi jet. I wouldn't expect to get hired by a regional. Sure they are hiring and buying new planes. Mostly the regionals are building a pool of pilots so they can meet the needs of the airline whenever they need to. They are not trying to meet your needs.

A CFI at a school I worked for was "hired" after an interview but then he had to wait about 6 months to get into groundschool. He opened his mouth at work about the opportunity and lost out on a lot of PIC instructing time.

Maybe you went to the same "academy" I did and feel that your Gods gift to avation. Maybe your cool. I dont know. Why not strive for the 135 mins and work for a cargo op. Personally I'm not going to fly for a regional considering it would be career suicide.

OI812 said:
i know first of all i need patients, and my hours are not much to brag over.

1050 total
120 multi

i have sent resumes out to ASA, PSA and Airwis.
everyone i see with comparable hours is getting the call is there something im missing. Or do i need to be more patient.

other expierineces on top of flight time is 9 years military(non aviation) is that a negative or positive.

any good advice would be appriciated

just keep being PERSISTENT! Anyone can fax a resume but keep updating it and you will get there.

Send in a resume to Republic Airways Holdings (Chautauqua, Shuttle, Republic Airline) and xjet network out besides those 3

Gobi Gred said:
Geez, I remember when I couldn't get Great Lakes (or any other airline) to call me with 1400tt and 300 multi. Long time ago though.
You think that's bad? Nahh, I got ya beat. Look way, waay back to the early 90's... nobody was hiring. I had 4500tt, 2500 multi (C310 freight dog)... and zero responses to my dozens of resumes sent out. When I finally made it to the "big time", nope, no shiny RJ for me; just a Beech 1900. The Brasilias, SF-340s and ATRs were senior pilot heavy metal... no RJs in the fleet yet, the CRJ had just entered production. Man, how things change...

Seriously, when you guys with 1000tt and a few dozen multi hours start whining about not getting called up for that coveted RJ seat, I just have to laugh... you really don't have a clue as to how much worse it could be or has been. Jeez, now I'm starting to sound like a crusty old fart... where's my Metamucil?

I can remember a time when we had guys with ATP's and twin turbine time throwing bags on our ramp hoping for a C-172 spot. (Yeah, it led to a bigger single and then a twin) Immediately after 9/11 we got resumes from 767 pilots looking for something, ANYTHING to fly following their furlough. As someone else suggested, HR departments are probably looking toward the furloughed 121 guys right now, so the 135 route is probably your best option if you're not getting calls from the 121 outfits. Of course, you're not being TOO persistant, are ya? If you're faxing stuff daily and/or making phone calls to the point of being ANNOYING, nobody's gonna hire you, either.

look for those with good advice thanks i know i have a lot of time to build and working hard at it.

but please those who have nothing better to do than proof read stop wastring this valuable resource and to to some chat room and more importantly stop wasting my time.

agian i do appriciate all the good comments, and i am exploring all possible options i dont expect to jump into a jet im all for paying your dues. It'sjust that i dont see much consistancy in how people hire and was trying to find some.
thanks all who know how to use and why this forum is here

flyerswife said:
How long ago did you get that kind of response?

My husband sent out about the same amount and has had three responses, only two interviews at small regional airlines, and NO offers. 3100TT, 500Multi, ATP. 44 years old, non-US citizen with permanent visa.

There are unwritten, unpublished rules. A lot of people are not hiring permanent residents because they have to go through the TSA process. they don't publish it, because it would be illegal for them to do so; but it's an unwritten rule..

OI812 said:
look for those with good advice thanks i know i have a lot of time to build and working hard at it.

but please those who have nothing better to do than proof read stop wastring this valuable resource and to to some chat room and more importantly stop wasting my time.

agian i do appriciate all the good comments, and i am exploring all possible options i dont expect to jump into a jet im all for paying your dues. It'sjust that i dont see much consistancy in how people hire and was trying to find some.
thanks all who know how to use and why this forum is here

Wasting this valuable resource????

Get a freakin' life, man. Are you this melodramatic in interviews? I think I've figured your problem out...

On the other hand, his relentless lecturing about how to use this board suggests that he might be a troll.

BushwickBill said:
1050 total. If 50 hours is a big deal to you maybe you should reconsider how ready you are to fly an airplane with 70 people in the back.

Am I missing something? What "happens" at 1100 hours?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back