• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks

thanks for all the good replys
its good to see im not the only one out there frustrated
it sucks seeing all the guys you are working with getting calls

and crxpilot i really dont need dumb replys about spelling who really care about a typo maybe you should go into publishing and before ya say anything yes i spell checked my resume

Last edited:
Just be patient. I know those numbers are competitive, but they aren't extreamly high. The other thing that sucks for a lot of job hunters at this point is the recent furlough/lay-off rumors. People with a good bit of experience in type are also out there with you. I second Gobi Gred, go fly single pilot freight. You'll get experience that no one can argue with and it will make you considerably more compitent in the IFR environment.

OI812 said:

and crxpilot i really dont need dumb replys about spelling wow really care about a typo maybe you should go into publishing and before ya say anything yes i spell checked my resume

Your spelling and grammar, if incorrect, reflect poorly upon you. The HR person who reviews your resume and cover letter may figure if you are so sloppy that you won't make the effort to put together a well-written resume with correct spelling, that you may approach your job the same way.

It was not off base for the other poster to make the remark as your posts here are poorly written. You were asking why you have received no replies, and he gave you a possible reason.

OI812 said:

and crxpilot i really dont need dumb replys about spelling who really care about a typo maybe you should go into publishing and before ya say anything yes i spell checked my resume
Did you use any periods or capitalization in your cover letter? Spell check may not have caught that.

Last edited:
I doubt he's putting the same level of scrutiny to flightinfo as he would on a resume, relax guys.

If it's any consolation, I had 2500 hrs, 800 twin, 600 turboprop, the ATP, and applied everywhere except Mesa back in February. The only one who called me to date was XJT.

I agree with the sentiment about future furoughs in relation to the airlines hiring. I have talked with AWAC recruiting a couple of times over the past months and they are drooling over the chance to pick up old Indy, Mesaba, and Comair guys. Training is cheaper and they have a better pass rate. I think that job opprotunities for flight instructors may be few and far between once these guys start hitting the job market. By the way I agree with persistence. in 2001 I graduated from college and released 39 resumes. I got 8 call backs, 3 interviews and 2 job offers. When I got hired at AWAC it was a lot harder. I sent a resume every month and occationaly called the office to talk with the HR lady till I got my interview. I think they just wanted me to stop calling. Whatever I got the job.

Just my opinions

DD

Latest resources

Back