seriously why cant i get a call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OI812

i know first of all i need patients, and my hours are not much to brag over.

1050 total
120 multi

i have sent resumes out to ASA, PSA and Airwis.
everyone i see with comparable hours is getting the call is there something im missing. Or do i need to be more patient.

other expierineces on top of flight time is 9 years military(non aviation) is that a negative or positive.

any good advice would be appriciated

OI812 said:

1050 total
120 multi

everyone i see with comparable hours is getting the call is there something im missing. Or do i need to be more patient.

other expierineces on top of flight time is 9 years military(non aviation) is that a negative or positive.

Are you trying to be a doctor? If not, yes patience will work.
Considering there are probably hundreds of resumes out there with about your same time(s)

Military is a positive, provided you weren't dishonorably discharged for stealing nuclear weapons. Now, just be patient, I had about those times in May and kept at it, and didn't get any calls until I had that 200 multi. In the meantime, I got a new passport, ATP written, new First class physical, FCC license, so that I would be completely ready when they did call AND when I did get the calls, I got 3 in a row (Regions Air, ASA and XJT). Also, do you know anyone at those airlines, maybe relatives of students or something. See, it's those little obscure connections that can sometimes make the difference...USE THEM!!!! If you've got those cards, play 'em.

Perhaps you should use a spell checker on your resume as a starter. Something tells me you might need it. Good luck!

OI812 said:

1050 total
120 multi

I think Angel Flight would let you volunteer for em!

Geez, I remember when I couldn't get Great Lakes (or any other airline) to call me with 1400tt and 300 multi. Long time ago though. So yes be patient. In the meantime keep building hours and when you get 1200tt consider getting a 135 job if the airlines haven't called by then. Flying freight, charter etc. even if it's for less than a year will greatly improve your chances. Good luck!

Presentation and Marketing

OI812,

Look your resume over really well. Make sure you present yourself on paper as best as you can. A very good friend walked my resume to his Chief Pilot and the first thing he noticed was 2nd class medical and 2400 hour Commecial pilot. I got my 1st class medical and my ATP the very next week. I faxed 40.. that's right 40 resumes off the day I passed my ATP ride. I got 8 responses, 3 interviews and finally 2 offers. Hang in there and best of luck.

How long ago?

How long ago did you get that kind of response?

My husband sent out about the same amount and has had three responses, only two interviews at small regional airlines, and NO offers. 3100TT, 500Multi, ATP. 44 years old, non-US citizen with permanent visa.

OI812 said:

1050 total
120 multi

I have the same problem with JetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, CAL!!!!:bawling: You just have to hang in there, things will happen when you least expect it. I hope these are words to live by, because I do not expect a dang thing!!!!:laugh: :beer: Best of luck to ya.

Latest resources

Back