Serious question about GoJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AvJunke

I have done a search on here because I am trying to figure out the real scoop on GoJets. I've read all the bashing........blah blah and all the computer tough guys who would tell them off at the airport. All that aside is GoJets a scab airline? People seem to use the term loosely and a union rep at my current employer has told me that they are not so I am trying to get the facts.

I know from reading the other post there is a ton of animosity between the group and Trans States. Being a member of a pilot group that was undercut by everyone anyway and not being able to upgrade has left me with few options so I am looking for the legitimate scoop on GoJets. Thanks to any serious responders.

They are a really good place to go. You should apply right away. You have flight sim 2000 time, so you will fit right in.

most guys that will say anything bad ( only on here ) are 3 year regional guys right out of their flight schools .......great people to give career managment advice :)

I have some great friends ,6-8 year FO s that left AE for GJ a while back.....they are ALL at the major of their choice now

break out the kleenex for all the crying that is about to commence

Last edited:
I see you have no serious responder(s). nice avitar though, must be boring in that crashpad in indy hah.? ...anyway bro, Im checking for ya here off line, talk to ya tom. .. havent posted on here in a while....;-)

I see you have no serious responder(s). nice avitar though, must be boring in that crashpad in indy hah.? ...anyway bro, Im checking for ya here off line, talk to ya tom. .. havent posted on here in a while....;-)

I thought the lookin4better guy did okay. Seems to be a hot topic with some of these blokes who live on here. No one I know seems to know that much about the outfits in the midwest I have spoken to(including me). I know your looking into it, just have some decisions to make. BTW, how many Yankees got caught up in the steroid scandal again:)

thanks for the fun! I love this topic too.....you will keep up the kiddies all night :)

I think the most basic question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to purposely step into a position of such animosity and conflict? Considering that an experience pilot in this industry can either come into a street captain position at many regional airlines or upgrade in about a year at many others why would you put yourself through that?

There is little doubting that many pilots view GoJet guys as scumbags and unfortunately you will be judged (either fairly or unfairly) for a decision to work there for the rest of your career. It only takes one slanted opinion to scuttle an opportunity at that dream job.

Why would anyone do that when they have a dozen other options?

Goat-Jets is a menstral stain.

The original guys who went there sold out their brothers at TSA who were trying their best to stand up to Hulas' lorenzo like b%llshyte. The newer ones are equally as low for joining the ranks while knowing darn well what Ho-Jet really is.

It's as close to a scab airline as you can get. It approaches SCAB infinitely without ever touching it.

It is not a scab airline, nobody at GoJets crossed a picket line (at least a picket line associated with GoJets).

The original GoJets pilots did assist in an attempt to break the union airline TSA which makes them not very nice people in a union sense.

Currently GoJets is a union airline (Teamsters right?) and anybody going there now is just fine (although I've got to believe the atmosphere over there isn't great, and it's not great to be a jumpseater either I'd guess). You have to draw the line somewhere, do we wish GoJets had never existed, yes, does it's continued existence remind us daily about how easily management can set pilots against each other, yes. But right now it's a union airline with, presumably, a union leadership fighting for the rights of their pilots along with the rest of the great unwashed brotherhood.

Latest resources

Back