• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yes gojet pilots are union

yes gojet pilots have sucessfully moved on to other airlines

yes they seem to be quite happy to fly 70 seat jets at 50 seat wages

and yes, when you move on to bigger and better jobs there is a good chance you will work with one of them. just remember that there will come a time when you and your union brothers and sisters will have to stand strong against management, and these former lindberghers will be the first to break ranks and scurry over to mangements kool-aid stand to gulp down whatever is in the cup.

it's easy to see them in the terminals, they have those unmistakable red mustaches and sh*t-eating grins

It is not a scab airline, nobody at GoJets crossed a picket line (at least a picket line associated with GoJets).

The original GoJets pilots did assist in an attempt to break the union airline TSA which makes them not very nice people in a union sense.

Currently GoJets is a union airline (Teamsters right?) and anybody going there now is just fine (although I've got to believe the atmosphere over there isn't great, and it's not great to be a jumpseater either I'd guess). You have to draw the line somewhere, do we wish GoJets had never existed, yes, does it's continued existence remind us daily about how easily management can set pilots against each other, yes. But right now it's a union airline with, presumably, a union leadership fighting for the rights of their pilots along with the rest of the great unwashed brotherhood.

Ahh how time lets so many forget. Oh well, they've been around long enough, we should leave them alone. Ask the TSA guys who were furloughed after Hojets started if they have the same attitude just because a couple years have gone by.

Here's a group of Union busting sellouts for shiny crj upgrades that hop over to the dark side, dust themselves off and then say, we better get a Union so our jobs are protected!

Unbelievable.

Go Jets folks don't get a ride, not even in the lav when it's overflowing after two back to back 2 1/2 hour round trips.

Honestly I don't get the point bashing. Isn't it because they're nonunion scabs who lowered qol for us all? Well they're union now, I'm looking at the payscales and their rates are almost the same as any other alpa crj7 operator. Most who I talk to don't know about gojets. At the end of the day I still have 9 days off in a month and have to flight for my contractual rights, what gives me or others the right to bash these guys, they're pretty much like any other place. Certainly not any worse.

Go to work for whatever company works best for you. Many go to the Majors from G-Jets, Mesa etc. Most working at the Majors have no idea what G-Jets even is as there are so many regionals now. As far as all the brotherhood talk, pilots are the first ones to sell each other out for their own interests. Especially with the latest "me" generation. Even the "gray beards" will sell out the less senior or the ones that aren't even hired yet for their own cause. You picked this job. (Some still call it a career) Follow your own path and good luck.

avjunke is just another turd spoiled insync fan who wants to get to a major with out paying his dues and earning his place. I'm sure everytime he stamped and cryed mommy or daddy ran out and got him what he wanted.

The problem with your type is you will screw over others at your level to get to that magical boeing or bus as fast as possible. You don't care about pay because your funded by others. When hard times come to your Major you will be the first to cross a picketline or bust the union's efforts just to keep fly'n the boeing/bus.

Go shoot skybus a resume lil man you'd look great in a park ranger outfit!

and if you are even in cmh I got no problem tell it to your face you loser.

I would not go to GOJets because I would lose my "street cred" on flightinfo.com.

That aside, I remember 5-8 years ago sitting in my Dash 8 with no hopes of upgrading or flying a jet and seeing TSA pull up at the gate next to me with a new ERJ painted in my parent company's colors. I remember thinking how I had specifically not wanted to work there because I was making more money. Their pay sucked and they hired with low mins. However, now they were being "rewarded" for being cheap.

That is in the past. I am sorry for what the original Go Jet guys did to TSA, TSA was trying to change things for the better. But it is hard for me to be too sympathetic towards TSA in light of their past.

Ahh how time lets so many forget. Oh well, they've been around long enough, we should leave them alone. Ask the TSA guys who were furloughed after Hojets started if they have the same attitude just because a couple years have gone by.

Here's a group of Union busting sellouts for shiny crj upgrades that hop over to the dark side, dust themselves off and then say, we better get a Union so our jobs are protected!

Unbelievable.

Go Jets folks don't get a ride, not even in the lav when it's overflowing after two back to back 2 1/2 hour round trips.

I'm guessing, but the majority of pilots at GoJets are not union busting sellouts. They joined a company that had a union in place and a contract - how are we supposed to treat them?

avjunke is just another turd spoiled insync fan who wants to get to a major with out paying his dues and earning his place. I'm sure everytime he stamped and cryed mommy or daddy ran out and got him what he wanted.

The problem with your type is you will screw over others at your level to get to that magical boeing or bus as fast as possible. You don't care about pay because your funded by others. When hard times come to your Major you will be the first to cross a picketline or bust the union's efforts just to keep fly'n the boeing/bus.

Go shoot skybus a resume lil man you'd look great in a park ranger outfit!

and if you are even in cmh I got no problem tell it to your face you loser.

That's cute cupcake. 7 years in the right seat isn't paying my dues, huh? How many do you have chief? If I weren't in a position where I have paid too many "dues" and had been screwed more times than i can count by people like yourself I would have upgraded long ago and wouldn't be in a position where I would even have to consider a lateral move and come to a forum to find out about another airline I know nothing about.
However I did find your post funny. Thanks for the information from those familiar with the airline. Jack Mehoff,if I ever did decide to make a move and you came over and said something to me I would drop you where you stood, but if it makes you feel good to come on a web forum and insult others who are trying to get the facts...............well, that's just sad.

Last edited:
So the consensus is not a scab airline but pulled a pretty $hitty move a few years ago. Got it, thanks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back