Serious Alternatives to SureJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi everyone!!

This is my first post, but has anyone thought that maybe this is what the company intended. They shot real low for a disappointing name only to come back and change it to "CityJet" to make us all happy?

I think we are ALL grasping for straws to explain the incredible ineptitude of this management.

We keep thinking SURELY they can't be THIS stupid. SURELY there has to be a real plan.

Your theory is the only one that involves them having ANY semblance of reason.

Problem is, do you think Brad and co. have the stones to deliberately fall on their sword just to make us feel good?

Good point COOPERVANE!

Did anyone catch the kid on stage correcting KM after the name change? KM asked a kid to come pull raffle tickets. She asked him who works for Atlantic Southeast in his family. Kid corrects her by saying, "Uh, don't you mean Surejet?"

I pulled this great line from another thread: (thanks wms)

The brand needs to reflect our mission as an airline, not paint a flowery picture of a corporate culture that doesn't exist.

This one sentence says everything about why SureJet is such a poor choice, but also tells us what the requirements of a new name really are. I started this thread because I'm still afraid that the company doesn't get this, and we'll get a survey asking us to vote between:

NewParadymeAir
ConfidenceJet
Synergies Airlines
Winning!Air

With keeping the mission thing in mind, good choices for me so far seem to be:

JetLink--good description, has actual history behind it
Nexus Airlines--perfect definition, although downside most people don't understand it
SkyEast--But ONLY if our holding company agrees to change its name to simply Sky, Inc. or Sky Airlines, Inc. This would accurately define our "real" mission (forget the 50 states B.S.), it would provide some kind of justification for keeping two identical airlines separate, and it would remove the appearance of favoritism from the holding company. This one is my favorite, as Inc. could start a feeder airline in South America and call it SkySouth, they could have an airline in Asia, SkyOrient, they could even start SkyEurope one day. I like this option because it makes some kind of sense within a larger brand, and branding actually is critically important these days.

Latest resources

Back