September :Atlas Class Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sgu said:
Any word if they will be conducting more interviews? I am still hoping for a shot this year!

Spoke to a buddy in the school house, I heard all hiring has stopped on the Polar side until contract negotiations are done.

Take the money and run!

I.P. Freley said:
In the end, I wonder why you'd want to move over to the 400 when you could stay on the 200 and upgrade sooner...

Probably because you never intended to stay at Atlas long enough to upgrade. Take two type ratings and go to work for Cathay or Emirates or...whomever you please!

Good luck.

Does Atlas also fly the 747-300s? Never been up to the upper deck but I always wondered what sort of rest facilities/bunks/gallies you had on the Freighter 747s. Do you have comfortable seats with a microwave oven, etc.? What do the excess pilots do during the long cruise?

What's all the hiring for? Atlas doesn't have any more aircraft. Is attrition that bad? Is this a prelude for breaking the Polar union in the even of a strike?

mar said:
Probably because you never intended to stay at Atlas long enough to upgrade. Take two type ratings and go to work for Cathay or Emirates or...whomever you please!

Good luck.
Mar, I may me taking your post wrong..
Your insinuation that I am coming here to gain new type ratings only to turn and hose this company is way off base. In the last 22 years I have flown for a corporation for 6, a legacy carrier for 14.5 and a Jet for Job (Mesa) contract for 1.5 years. I gave 110% to all of those jobs and I will do the same for Atlas. Again, if I took your post wrong, please accept my apology.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back