• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

September :Atlas Class Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool. Thanks for the info. Now if they'd just call me for an interview...

Sounds like a quarter of the Polar guys are ahead in line at Atlas all of the sudden though (rightfully so, mind you, but sad for me)...

Whale Rider said:
There won't be any furloughs on the PO side as long as there are Atlas guys doing PO flying. Thats a contract fact. Plus the merger is on hold:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050816/166072.html

I don't know if you'd call it a furlough, but all the probationary pilots at Polar were fired Monday. Will they get preferential hiring at Atlas? Or is this just a temporary move by management? I have a very good friend who finished IOE last month at Polar - and this makes her third furlough/firing in two years; Hawaiian, ATA, now Polar. It's just about to kill her desire for an airline career.

HAL

HAL said:
I don't know if you'd call it a furlough, but all the probationary pilots at Polar were fired Monday. Will they get preferential hiring at Atlas? Or is this just a temporary move by management? I have a very good friend who finished IOE last month at Polar - and this makes her third furlough/firing in two years; Hawaiian, ATA, now Polar. It's just about to kill her desire for an airline career.

HAL

Talked last night with a buddy of mine at Atlas and he says that they are "laid off" and that Atlas will give preferencial hiring to those Polar pilots that are furloughed. He said that Polar is giving three 74s back to Atlas and selling a fourth, leaving Polar with only 8 jets. Polar is supposedly loosing money left and right in scheduled and will more than likely model Atlas' ACMI profile soon. At least that's what my buddy says.

Condolences to your friend. I love to fly but hate the industry. Luckily, I have a job, or, at least as of yesterday. We'll see about tomorrow...

This sucks for all involved. I cannot begin to imagine being "fired,"furloughed", "laid off" at 3 different companies. I am sure Atlas will take them into the fold as they absorb the 3 a/c. I was hoping for a shot at Atlas this year but I may have to wait till this mess resolves itself.

Not all of the probation pilots have been fired.......yet. So far they only axed the guys on the 400. Makes no sense I know, but that is the case.

Latest resources

Back