• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority Protection at On Demand? DC9?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try Bill Clinton and a little thing he pushed thru called NAFTA.

Although it was good for on-demand freight operators at first (GM, for example, had to get that pallet of Mexican manufactured widgets from Mehico to Detoilet fast no matter what it cost them), it eventually killed the goose that was laying the golden eggs (the domestic auto industry).

You have a lot to learn about the airline industry young jetti. When you get off of Willow Run and get a job at a carrier that has a very anti-labor management force (such as NW), you will realize that as a pilot a union is indispensable.

I'm not based in willow run actually, don't even live in that state, I work for a different operator but I do respect usa jet as they set the standard for on-demand operations.

More than likely I will never go to a carrier that is unionized. I enjoy where I am, when we don't fly my guarantee check still pays the bills. I get weekends off and my company respects our requests for time off. I'm not big headed, like I feel a need to always stay in the left seat, I am happy where I am and what I am doing, it works for me.

I still fly to mexico often, hasn't slowed down too much going there or domestic trips either.

A union may be a good thing for a company that has a large amount of employees where their individual voices can't be heard as management has millions of issues going at once. But I couldn't think of any good a union would bring to a company with not many employees, mainly pilots.

if randy is explaining the facts accurately then no one should even have a remote problem with what has transpired. In addition in my 5.5 yrs at usajet never once did i have to stay on the road if i did not want to. There are two sides to every story and before anyone draws a conclusion it is best to investigate all the facts.

Hi!

At NWA, for example, they have requirements to be a captain in a particular aircraft.

If you don't meet the requirements, and someone lower than you in seniority does meet the requirements, NWA will NOT give you the captain slot just because you are higher in seniority.

At TSA, for another example, my buddy was passed over for ERJ capt, and didn't upgrade until he met the TT requirements.

I have been passed over twice for -9 capt, because both times there was one guy below me who met the mins, and I didn't.

They guy they picked met all the requirements, and no one else did. You can argue that the requirements are crap, but that's another story.

Also, BC did NOT get fired. They used the new review procedures in place, which found that he is a good employee and an asset to the company. In the past, he easily could've been fired, because there was not a set procedure in place. If the right person didn't like you, you were gone. So, these new procedures are better for the employees.

I was at ALPA carrier. The pilot/mgmt relationship here at USA Jet is about 1000x better than my former ALPA carrier (and it WASN'T Mesa!).

cliff
GRB

Stop dealing in reality

Hi! I was at ALPA carrier. The pilot/mgmt relationship here at USA Jet is about 1000x better than my former ALPA carrier (and it WASN'T Mesa!).

cliff
GRB
Cliff stop posting this stuff, reality has no place on a pilot board.

atpcliff-

if you in any shape or form are not happy with the requirements at usajet pm me and i will be more than happy to trade places with you in a nano-second. The netjet and flexjet jobs are over rated. i realize now usajet was the best job i ever had

atpcliff-

if you in any shape or form are not happy with the requirements at usajet pm me and i will be more than happy to trade places with you in a nano-second. The netjet and flexjet jobs are over rated. i realize now usajet was the best job i ever had

After being at USA Jet, working with some uptight weasels from time to time, does suck. Seriously though, the QOL at NJA, has to be better than JUS

Depends upon how you look at QOL

After being at USA Jet, working with some uptight weasels from time to time, does suck. Seriously though, the QOL at NJA, has to be better than JUS
If being home with our family s a major goal of QOL, then USA Jet may be better than NJ.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back