• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority list at the new AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
His summation fits perfectly, and boils down to the point that the hard-line stance is the irresponsible, untenable, and losing stance.

Good thing USAPA doesn't have a hard-line stance written into their constitution and bylaws.

oh.

If your referring to me specifically then all you need to do is search my past years posts on this and see that this is always where I've stood on the issue. The times I've argued doh was more siding with doh when only compared with the nic as doh vs nic I'd have to say that given only these two routes I'd have to pick doh as it is more closely aligned with years of service than nic.

If your referring to me specifically then all you need to do is search my past years posts on this and see that this is always where I've stood on the issue. The times I've argued doh was more siding with doh when only compared with the nic as doh vs nic I'd have to say that given only these two routes I'd have to pick doh as it is more closely aligned with years of service than nic.

And you called the Westies "Sand People." The Easties have melted your brain.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nope, only commenting on the author's last line and USAPA's by-laws. I've only been through two mergers in my young career and both times the hard-line position came out on the "losing" side.

What Ted Reed doesn't realize is that allowing USAPA to just dump an arbitrated award means ANYONE will be allowed to do the same, if they don't like it.....So, arbitration will become obsolete, even though BOTH sides plus the company agreed to it. Ted Reed didn't talk about that. Maybe divorces shouldn't be final either. Nah, and accident injury awards too. If the defendant doesn't like it, then they should just switch names and then say "Hey, it's not me anymore, I am now Seemorebutts, not Turtle21...."

Luckily Ted Reed isn't ruling on this case, and the last judge did say USAPA was on Dangerous Ground by not using the NIC award. You have to go on what they say, not Reed. Doesn't he live in CLT? He probably has a lot of Eastie friends that, like LearLove, have infested their minds with nonsense. Integrity, if you sign something, follow it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What, you didn't know? You'll love this.... Ted Reed is an ex US Airways pilot, seriously he is. He lost any credibility discusing anything about US a looooong time ago. He's just a USAPA mouthpiece. I have no problem with ex-employees taking sides, but to mount the pulpit and spout off like he's an impartial financial expert, well...... he's just a D-bag

Last edited:
What, you didn't know? You'll love this.... Ted Reed is an ex US Airways pilot, seriously he is. He lost any credibility discusing anything about US a looooong time ago. He's just a USAPA mouthpiece. I have no problem with ex-employees taking sides, but to mount the pulpit and spout off like he's an impartial financial expert, well...... he's just a D-bag

Ahhhhh, I didn't know that. It's funny to see all of the East guys telling me to go stuff it, when they don't want to acknowledge exactly what happened. Both sides, plus the company signed off on Nicolau. Nic was against DOH during the process, and even went to the East to tell them that it wasn't going to work DOH, and to go try to work out an alternative, and the East MEC Chair supposedly ignored him. Hmmmmmmm. The APA really doesn't want to inherrit this mess, and how could they TRUST USAPA to do it again (another arbitrated SLI)??? That's just plain NUTS..... Let me guess, this time they won't have one hand behind their back with fingers crossed........ZERO INTEGRITY.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahhhhh, I didn't know that. It's funny to see all of the East guys telling me to go stuff it, when they don't want to acknowledge exactly what happened. Both sides, plus the company signed off on Nicolau. Nic was against DOH during the process, and even went to the East to tell them that it wasn't going to work DOH, and to go try to work out an alternative, and the East MEC Chair supposedly ignored him. Hmmmmmmm. The APA really doesn't want to inherrit this mess, and how could they TRUST USAPA to do it again (another arbitrated SLI)??? That's just plain NUTS..... Let me guess, this time they won't have one hand behind their back with fingers crossed........ZERO INTEGRITY.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Agreed, zero integrity and zero brains. Most of the pilots I socialize with now are Alaska pilots, because they're neighbors. They all think AWA should have let US die. If I had to guess, USAPA probably thinks that APA will give them DOH with fences, so there will be no arbitration ie fair decision. You just know they're going to be in utter shock when it doesn't go their way and the Nic gets used. We're talking epic melt down. If I were a west pilot I'd start getting care packages together for the easties. You know; kleenex, pacifiers, diapers/depends, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ted Reed isn't a former US Airways pilot, however, he did used to work in the US Airways communication department a long time ago. You don't have to agree with his articles or opinions, but he's actually a really nice guy (I've met him). He's not a D-bag as indicated by your post. For the record I'm not an east or west guy, just an outsider looking in. Carry on...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back